how often do you weigh yourself?

Options
Hi ya guys just wondering when you all weigh yourself weekly monthly? Also what time of day would be best?
Im thinking weekly and first thing in the morning dose that sound right

Replies

• queenliz99
    queenliz99 Posts: 15,317 Member
    Options
    For me, it's first thing in the morning, fluctuations do not bother me. I'm looking at the big picture.
  • whiteblossom14
    whiteblossom14 Posts: 240 Member
    Options
    Hi I started off weighing my self one a week. But now I weight myself every morning I see it go up and down. When it jumps up by 1kg it gives me the motivation to do a bit more exercise and cut out the things I have ate that I know has put the weight on. I still lose the same amount of weight each week but this is the longest I have stuck to eating properly. I think that's because I get up and stand on the scales
  • hotasfire36
    hotasfire36 Posts: 235 Member
    Options
    I weigh once a week on a Saturday in the morning when I get up.
  • dearmrsowl
    dearmrsowl Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    ^ that exactly. Stepping on the scale in the morning is part of my daily routine like brushing my teeth. I know that daily fluctuations happen so I look at the overall trend. Sometimes I even weigh myself at night again just out of curiosity but what counts are the morning readings right after I went to the bathroom.
  • theawill519
    theawill519 Posts: 242 Member
    Options
    I get up, strip down, use the restroom, then weigh. I do this everyday. I like seeing the daily fluctuations.
  • Willbenchforcupcakes
    Willbenchforcupcakes Posts: 4,955 Member
    Options
    Normally once a week, starting a month out from a meet, twice a week, two weeks out three times, and the last week out daily.

Used to be a daily weigher, but the only time my weight actually matters to me is making sure I make weight for a meet.
  • sarahb247
    sarahb247 Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    Ok cool been interesting to see all your views made me really think about iy now.
    Thanks guys
  • MeanderingMammal
    MeanderingMammal Posts: 7,866 Member
    Options
    Every two to three months I guess. I'm more interested in how my clothes fit and what my running performance is doing. Weight is pretty unimportant to me.
  • ruqayyahsmum
    ruqayyahsmum Posts: 1,514 Member
    Options
    on the 17th of every month in the morning before breakfast
  • earthnut
    earthnut Posts: 216 Member
    Options
    When I think of it. :) About once a week, more or less.

I read that your weight is most consistent if you weigh in the morning, after eliminating, before breakfast, always with the same scale. So that is what i do.
  • Cutezouzi_21
    Cutezouzi_21 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I weight my self every day at morning B)B)
  • andympanda
    andympanda Posts: 763 Member
    Options
    evrey day. by doing so i have learned what causes fluctuations. I know when i have water gain, or readjust what i eat.
  • 7lenny7
    7lenny7 Posts: 3,493 Member
    Options
    Thea519 wrote: »
    I get up, strip down, use the restroom, then weigh. I do this everyday. I like seeing the daily fluctuations.

^ exactly

• sarahb247
    sarahb247 Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    Great thanks im only just starting to get back to a healthy me now i had my sone 18 months ago but my nan passed away just before i had him so kind of just gave up everything for a bit a got into a bit of a rut so getting some tips of you guys to help me plan out what i got to do ect
  • FoxyLifter
    FoxyLifter Posts: 965 Member
    Options
    I usually weigh myself every morning, after bathroom time, before shower, and naked. I only record my weight if it's a new low while on a cut cycle.
  • kimmo323
    kimmo323 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I weigh every day. Wine is a huge weight fluctuation culprit for me. I can see the trends. I find if I wait a week, I might cheat and then not face the scale for a week with disappointment. Weighing daily keeps me on track.
  • ntnunk
    ntnunk Posts: 936 Member
    edited August 2015
    Options
    Every day, right after I get up and take care of that morning business. I use my weekly average as my "true" weight though so I don't get too hung up on day-to-day fluctuations. I have a Google Docs spreadsheet on my phone that's set up so that I just plug in the daily weight number and it generates the weekly average for me, then plots a graph of the weekly averages for the year. Easy way to see what my weight is doing over time. Plus it's motivating to see that graph trending downward.
  • danikacheree
    danikacheree Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Everyday first thing in morning and last thing at nigh. It helps me monitor how and what causes my weight to fluctuate.
  • blossomingbutterfly
    blossomingbutterfly Posts: 743 Member
    Options
    In the morning, first thing, on whatever day I feel like it. Sometimes it's once a day, sometimes once a week, sometimes once every once in awhile.
  • ScreeField
    ScreeField Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    usually every morning. I have weight records dating back for years. sometimes I weigh myself after a long workout (1+ hours)