Rowing machine for home

Options
Does anyone have tips for a rowing machine to buy to have at home?

Yes, I can't spend that much ($300ish max), which I realize rules out the best options. I've heard the best rowers are Concept 2 but I can't afford them. My other requirement is that I'd prefer one that is on the quieter side. I don't need any fancy programs, though. I really just want one that has decent enough quality that it won't break easily.

Advice? Thank you.

Replies

• BobJ19956
    BobJ19956 Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    Like you I could not afford a Concept 2 rower. I purchased a Stamina Bodytrac Glider 1050 off of Amazon and it suits my needs just fine. I'm using it 3-4 times a week and have had no issues. Very quiet machine. You definitely will get a good workout. I've spent a lot of time looking at Youtube videos trying to learn the correct form for rowing., and from what I understand that is CRITICAL to success. If I find that I really like rowing, I'll look on Craigslist for a Concept 2, but I'd still have to spend at least 2-4 times what I have in the Bodytrac,
  • bkate24
    bkate24 Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    Awesome, thanks. My trainer/boot camp instructor taught me how to use the rower so I feel more confident now that I know how to use it with correct form.

I saw the Stamina one you mentioned on Amazon and was thinking about it. It's great to know it stands up to that usage and is quiet. Thanks for letting me know!
  • bkate24
    bkate24 Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    Anyone else have advice?