Hello There!

Options
Hi my name is Belle and I have been trying to lose weight for the past 3-4 years. I've successfully lost almost 40 lbs, but right now I'm struggling to get past that 40 lb mark. I currently weigh 184.2 lbs as of today, though, I look pretty healthy despite the extra weight. I'm actually pretty happy with the way I look, but the extra weight holds me down. I'm very physically active, and I dislike how my weight slows me down. Either way, it's frustrating to me that I've been fluctuating between 180-185 lbs since March, despite my best intentions. Though, I think it's due to needing to change up my exercise regimen, get my body out of starvation mode (I need to eat excess calories sometimes instead of always having a deficit), and an ovarian cyst that was recently discovered (and might have been there for a few months).

I have PCOS or poly-cystic ovarian syndrome that was caught by a doctor when I first started high school, so I've never had issues with cysts until recently, but unfortunately have struggled with my weight. It took me almost 10 years to find the right set of hormones to lower my really high testosterone, and only then was I able to put a dent into my heavy weight. At this point, I was pre-diabetic and had high cholesterol. After being treated, I was no longer exhausted, so my unhealthy cravings slowed down. I started exercising with more energy and am healthier. And today, I have normal levels of cholesterol and insulin without having to be on meds! :D

So yeah, I'm not new to this world of healthy living, but I am new here. A goal I've had for a long time is to get down to 140 lbs, so hopefully I can get it here. Anyways, hello everyone, I look forward to meeting you! n.n

Replies