PX90 DVD question for those who did it

Options
2»

Replies

• carolose46
    carolose46 Posts: 199 Member
    Options
    Thank you for your suggestions. School is finishing and I have my special need son (wheelchair and non-autonomous) without breaks for the summer. I can only do 15-20 min workouts because he needs frequent attention and care. Since the DVD are in the house I was wondering how could I better used them. I know it's not the best but like the rest of my life I try to make the best out of it ;)

I've got a special needs kiddo too (cerebral palsy). I understand how hard it can be to get a workout in.

I don't think doing P90X would work for you with your limited time. The time you have available would barely get you through the warm up and you certainly don't want to jump into any of the programs without a warming up first.

For shorter workouts, you may want to look into some of Jillian Michaels' programs. Most are 30 minutes. I've heard ChaLean is shorter too. I also use a program called You Are Your Own Gym. It's bodyweight exercises you can do with common household items as props.

thank you darling! :heart:
  • carolose46
    Options
    Go to maximizedliving.com and try the MaxT3 workout. It is 2 DVDs each has 6 12 minute workouts on them and they are intense and very modifiable. I alternate DVDs every week doing 6 workouts a week.

thank you ben Have anice day!
  • carolose46
    Options
    Shorter workouts tend to be even more intense than long ones. If there are problems with Px90 there will be with other workouts as well. Don't give up - the more you sweat, the stroger and more flexible you will be. I suggest you do what you can, but do not forget to stretch and cool down if you end after 20 min.

thank you Anita have a great Day!
  • carolose46
    Options
    Ah, my mistake. I thought the workout was because of fitness level, not from other things. You might want to take a look at 10 Minute Trainer (as others suggested). There is also Focus T25 http://www.beachbody.com/product/fitness_programs/focus-t25-workout.do a series of 25 (or so) minute workouts with Shaun T (The dude who did Insanity). It's not out yet, but that could be a good option for you.

thank you sweety!