Scales not everything.

Options
Flab2fitfi
Flab2fitfi Posts: 1,349 Member
Last week I took a break as it was my exams and then we would be visiting family to celebrate two of kids birthdays. i must admit I did not eat well and when i came hope expected the scales to stay the same but I had lost 1/2lb.

This morning after watching what I've eaten and been working out I've gained weight - not much but up a couple of pounds but I'm not bothered.

The reason why? I know that my muscles are sore and aching - in training at the moment so always pushing myself that little extra and that extra weight is from water retention in my muscles. If I took a couple of days off the weight would go down again.

I have learnt that although scales are useful and (Yes I do have a target weight to go by ) that there are other measurements that show progress so much better. Clothes that I bought a few weeks ago are getting loose and I can now run further than i have ever been able to do as adult. Hopefully next week my PT will also work out my bodyfat to see how much that has improved by.

Replies

• CharlieBook
    CharlieBook Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    i totally agree. i have a target weight, but as long as i fit into my clothes and feel confident, i dont mind if i dont reach it - as long as i am close (within 5 pounds).

i was really disheartened at only losing 1 pound last week, but i had been doing loads of exercise and have lost 3.5 centimetres around my waist in 2 weeks. not bad going :-)
  • angieroo2
    angieroo2 Posts: 973 Member
    Options
    So true. I like to see the number on the scale going down, but more than that, I like to see my clothes fit better (or get loose).
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!