3lbs weight gain in first 4 days of bulk?!

Options
Hello All,

Current stats: 5" 2"
Weight:
14 Aug: 103 lbs
17 Aug: 106 lbs

Lifting: 3 days a week (ICF 5 X 5)
Cardio: 2 days a week (1hr - 1.5hrs)

Previous intake: Not sure, wasnt tracking much probably was undereating 1600 - 1800 cals
Current intake: 2000 - 2200 cals
I dont track my macros very strictly as I want a healthy relationship with food + gain muscles.
I want to be able to make good linear progression on the ICF 5 X 5.

Also, I dont clear my bowels everyday, so its almost every 3 - 4 days that I get to 'pass that motion'. It has been 4 days since I cleared my bowels as well. Btw, its normal and its heredity and runs in my family (doctor has confirmed that)

Can someone please advise WHY the sudden weight increase? It's scaring me... Should I stop weighing myself everyday and only weigh myself every time I've passed that motion (maybe every 4 days). This is quite an awkward post, but any good advice would really help

Replies

• bclarke1990
    bclarke1990 Posts: 287 Member
    Options
    Water weight >_>
  • SLLRunner
    SLLRunner Posts: 12,943 Member
    Options
    That would be water retention. You're eating more food, plus have you increased your lifting? Cardio?
  • PAV8888
    PAV8888 Posts: 13,632 Member
    Options
    You weight yourself in the morning AFTER YOU HAVE ELIMINATED and BEFORE you eat or drink anything.
    If you have not yet eliminated... you are weighing the contents of your intestinal track and bladder.
  • Shouliveshappy
    Shouliveshappy Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    SLLRunner wrote: »
    That would be water retention. You're eating more food, plus have you increased your lifting? Cardio?

My lifting i've reduced to 3 days instead of 4 days. Lesser volume in general (used to do 4 sets 12 reps) but going heavier in terms of weights ( 5 X5)
  • bunbunzee44
    bunbunzee44 Posts: 592 Member
    Options
    Water weight. Every time I change a workout to a new one I get that.. even without any diet changes.
  • AsISmile
    AsISmile Posts: 1,004 Member
    Options
    You changed the way you lift.. So water weight dor repairing muscles.
    You most likely upped your calories, so weight wise you are probably eating more food.
    Also, bowel content can make a big difference. I have IBS, and so don't pass every day either. One time I decided to weigh myself a second time that day after I passed stool. It was a 600 gram (1.3 lbs) difference.
  • Shouliveshappy
    Options
    AsISmile wrote: »
    You most likely upped your calories, so weight wise you are probably eating more food.
    Also, bowel content can make a big difference. I have IBS, and so don't pass every day either. One time I decided to weigh myself a second time that day after I passed stool. It was a 600 gram (1.3 lbs) difference.

Even if i dont feel sore my muscles are still repairing and retaining water?
  • AsISmile
    AsISmile Posts: 1,004 Member
    edited August 2015
    Options

Absolutely. Feeling sore is not a good indicator for if you did a proper workout.

ETA: this https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10213281/does-post-workout-soreness-mean-you-had-a-killer-workout
    Although I would not blindly trust everything that OP writes.. This thread is definitely okay.
  • RedWolf09
    RedWolf09 Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    It also depends on the food gong through your system. My weight also fluctuates. It's normal.
  • Shouliveshappy
    Options

Absolutely. Feeling sore is not a good indicator for if you did a proper workout.

ETA: this https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10213281/does-post-workout-soreness-mean-you-had-a-killer-workout
    Although I would not blindly trust everything that OP writes.. This thread is definitely okay.

Thanks all! I probably should take a weekly average, weighing myself everyday in the morning.. I shall remind myself to stay true to the process!