Sugary drinks are my life

Options
2»

Replies

• auddii
    auddii Posts: 15,357 Member
    Options
    jemhh wrote: »
    Drink your coffee. Use sugar and count the calories. Or use a sugar free sweetener.

This. If you find that you need whatever starbucks drinks at 700 calories, you probably don't actually like coffee and you could just order milkshakes.
  • dubird
    dubird Posts: 1,849 Member
    Options
    Sugar-free sweeteners are great! I don't drink coffee, but I switched from soda to unsweet tea with Equal and I'm perfectly happy with it. I don't like Sweet'n'Low or Stevia, but that's because they have a horrible after-taste to me. Others don't have an issue with it, so try that instead. Don't go get the Starbucks liquid sugar, that's such a huge calorie bomb that fitting it into your daily calories would be a nightmare for most people.
  • Kimberly_Harper
    Kimberly_Harper Posts: 406 Member
    edited August 2015
    Options
    I stopped drinking sugar and cream in my coffee by having black coffee with a donut. After a while, I didn't need the donut, and the cream and sugar just made the coffee taste like I had dissolved the donut in the coffee which was gross. This being a fitness site, I don't recommend the donut method for very long, or without counting your calories (of which said donut could put a significant dent in your day's allotment)
  • SLLRunner
    SLLRunner Posts: 12,943 Member
    Options
    How do I have coffee...without having coffee?

Nothing wrong with sugar. Make your sugar coffee drink fit into your calorie goals if you want sugar.
  • SLLRunner
    Options
    Almond milk + Stevia drops.

I happen to love Stevia, but sometimes I'll use sugar or agave in my coffee. It just depends on what I want. Whatever it is, I make it fit.
  • rhawfax1986
    rhawfax1986 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    drink zero sugar rock stars...i live off those...
  • Pinnacle_IAO
    Pinnacle_IAO Posts: 608 Member
    Options
    SLLRunner wrote: »
    Almond milk + Stevia drops.

I happen to love Stevia, but sometimes I'll use sugar or agave in my coffee. It just depends on what I want. Whatever it is, I make it fit.
    This is the best way to view the issue.
    Make it fit, and decide if you really want it that bad.
    I know every gram of added sugar represents 4 empty calories that do nothing but take up space.
    Sometimes it's just worth it, and most times my goals trump my desires of the moment.

A few empty calories here and there won't derail anybody, but at day's end, we all must choose each time this comes up. At some point the answer is no.

• VintageFeline
    VintageFeline Posts: 6,771 Member
    Options
    I only have one coffee a day, I just add my teaspoon of sugar and bit of milk and make it fit. You can get sugar free syrups too but I'm just one of those "make it fit if I want it" people.
  • derekspiewak
    derekspiewak Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    I agree with m
    jemhh wrote: »
    Drink your coffee. Use sugar and count the calories. Or use a sugar free sweetener.

This. If you want it, fit it into your calories.

I like this advice. Start with this. Over time, you may find that the calories are just not worth it at all, and your tastes will actually change away from sweet stuff if you reduce it for long enough. I've started to drink it black now.
  • marcelo_templario
    marcelo_templario Posts: 653 Member
    Options
    Splenda? If you drink coffee with 2 pouches of sweetener you'll get more calories from the cholesterol of the coffee itself than from the sweetener.
  • Pinnacle_IAO
    Pinnacle_IAO Posts: 608 Member
    edited August 2015
    Options
    Splenda? If you drink coffee with 2 pouches of sweetener you'll get more calories from the cholesterol of the coffee itself than from the sweetener.
    Though coffee has zero cholesterol, there has been a link with certain types brewed without a filter. ... ;)
    Most filtered coffee does not contain much of the oils that may raise LDL risk.

Still, I never knew there was even a link, so who knows?
  • marcelo_templario
    marcelo_templario Posts: 653 Member
    Options
    Though coffee has zero cholesterol, there has been a link with certain types brewed without a filter. ... ;)
    Most filtered coffee does not contain much of the oils that may raise LDL risk.

Still, I never knew there was even a link, so who knows?

No, no cholesterol, was counting cream.... :p:p

• SLLRunner
    Options

I also use Splenda. Today at Starbucks I wanted to iced passion tea without sugar (and even if it was with regular sugar, I would buy it without so I could sweeten it to my taste with sugar if I chose to), and I used Splenda. It was delicious!
  • ElJefeChief
    ElJefeChief Posts: 651 Member
    Options
    mantium999 wrote: »
    Black coffee is the only real way to drink it anyway. :)

Darn tootin