Coffee Creamer

Options

Replies

• ki4eld
    ki4eld Posts: 1,215 Member
    Options
    I use full fat half-and-half, because I only need 1oz (40 cals) to cream an entire cup of tea or coffee. If I use anything else, I get more calories for no more taste.
  • sthoms2
    sthoms2 Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    I use almond milk (vanilla unsweetened). You get used to not drinking creamy, sweet coffee. Now if I use regular creamer and sugar it tastes strange. I don't drink any sweet drinks really. I'd rather eat my calories (or if I am drinking my calories it will be in the form of alcohol!).
  • claudette4104
    claudette4104 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I use French Vanilla - Reduced Sugar...1 tbsp per cup of coffee. I measure it out in my to-go mug at home, then add coffee when I get to work. It's 20 calories per cup (I usually have 2) - and it has lowered my sugar intake as well. I shudder to think how much I used of the "regular" stuff when I just free-poured it! (My guess - over 200 calories a day). If I go through the drive-through on the weekend, I usually bring my mug with my creamer and just get them to top up with black coffee. It's just easier that way!
  • marcelo_templario
    marcelo_templario Posts: 653 Member
    Options
    I use that in past, powder creme but as I noted it was an unhealthy product, in here we don't have those sealed tiny cups of non-dairy cream that tastes just delicious, now, my advice is: the calories in that cream container is so insignificant that you can stop caring of it, use just enough for tinging your coffee, or, go black, is healthier and sometimes even tastier ;)
  • nichalsont
    nichalsont Posts: 421 Member
    Options
    Experiment with combining your flavored creamer and skim milk. You will still get the flavor you want without so much fat or so many calories. In a large cup, I use one tablespoon of each.
  • Chikika
    Chikika Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    I just drink a smaller coffee and make it as creamy as I like it, which usually only takes 1 or 2 tablespoons of cream that way. I don't feel deprived of the flavour I like that way, and if I need more coffee then I go for black. :)
  • TerryJackson61
    TerryJackson61 Posts: 733 Member
    Options
    I use Half and Half 2 Tablespoons per cup two cups a day. Cant seem to beak this habit. I need my Java to jump start my day. :)
  • Pinesgurl
    Pinesgurl Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    stacys29 wrote: »
    Coffee creamer is killing my calories right off the start of the day. Any alternatives or just go for black... Thanks in advance for the recommendations.

I use Lucerne sugar free French Vannilla at just 15 calories a tbsp. It's a liquid creamer, found at Wal-Mart.
  • stacys29
    stacys29 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Great ideas!!! Thank you all.
  • MsJulesRenee
    MsJulesRenee Posts: 1,180 Member
    Options
    I use almond milk and vanilla extract
  • Kimegatron
    Kimegatron Posts: 772 Member
    Options
    I use splenda for my coffee or unsweetened iced tea. I use around a TBSP of creamer, and it's like 35 calories. I have 2 cups a day, so I'm personally not too concerned about the 70 calories, for myself.
  • macgurlnet
    macgurlnet Posts: 1,946 Member
    Options
    My suggestion would be make sure you've got GOOD coffee, then try to cut back on how much creamer, etc you're using.

My Starbucks coffee needs flavored creamer added to it so it'll taste decent. I stepped up a little to Einstein Bros. coffee and can get away with drinking it black now, though I'll still add a little milk if I want to cool it off right away.

~Lyssa
  • mmnv79
    mmnv79 Posts: 538 Member
    Options
    Coconut or almond milk or milk + honey?
  • mmnv79
    mmnv79 Posts: 538 Member
    Options
    Coffee Mate isn't too bad :)

ectm5v2snu80.png
  • PaulaWallaDingDong
    PaulaWallaDingDong Posts: 4,641 Member
    Options
    I've also gone black, and I will never go back. Except for work coffee. That needs lots of half & half and sugar, pretty much until it tastes like coffee ice cream. Otherwise, black flavored coffees I like.
  • Chikika
    Chikika Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    Another thought, get good flavoured coffee for drinking black, much better than plain if you don't usually like that.
  • Asher_Ethan
    Asher_Ethan Posts: 2,430 Member
    Options
    Coconut milk is my lift saver. 45 calories for a whole entire cup!
  • karahm78
    karahm78 Posts: 505 Member
    Options
    Coffeemate Natural Bliss Vanilla, 1TBS is 35 calories... With Splenda. 2 TSP of Benefiber for good measure. Best 100 calories all day lol!
  • Strawblackcat
    Strawblackcat Posts: 944 Member
    Options
    I normally drink my coffee black with a pinch of stevia, but when I'm feeling like having a treat, I'll pour a little So Delicious Original coconut coffee creamer in it. It's 10 calories per tablespoon, so it's pretty healthy as far as creamers go. If I'm out of that, I just use a splash of the flax milk that I use for drinking.
  • KiwiAlexP
    KiwiAlexP Posts: 185 Member
    Options
    As a non-American, can someone please tell me what coffee creamer is? I've only ever used milk in my coffee