Long journey 101 lost so far

Options
draekin13
draekin13 Posts: 27 Member
I started this a little over 3 years ago. I was probably at least 400 lbs at my heaviest years before but started MFP when I was at 350 so that is what I count as my starting point. Anyway 3 years ago I was dedicated to losing weight. I started June of 2012 and by November I was under 300 lbs. My wife and I went to Kauai in April and at that time I was down to 275. I stayed right at that weight range for almost 2 years. I had lost the motivation after getting back from our vacation but amazingly I didn't go back up except a few lbs here and there. Something clicked again late May this year (probably my kids turning 6 and 3 and being more active) and I decided to get back into losing weight again. I was at 282 and didn't want it to creep any higher than that. I am proud to say as of Sunday I am at 249 lbs even after being away from home for work for a week. This is 101 lbs lost and 33 in the last 2.5 months. I still have about 60 to lose but I am feeling motivated as hell right now. I already know that I can keep it off which was a big concern for me the first time around. This is the short version of my story and I'm hoping once I get to my long term goal I can tell my whole story.

Replies

• ThatLadyFromMN
    ThatLadyFromMN Posts: 301 Member
    Options
    AMAZING!! :) I understand the being plateaued and starting again. :) Glad to hear you've recommitted to your goals.
  • deescrafty
    deescrafty Posts: 174 Member
    Options
    Good for you! Your motivation to get healthy for your kids is powerful.
  • Jonesingmucho
    Jonesingmucho Posts: 4,902 Member
    Options
    Congrats! Your story is motivating me today big time! Thank you for sharing!
  • Jonesie1984
    Jonesie1984 Posts: 612 Member
    Options
    That's so awesome! Great work! What a motivation! :smiley:
  • mattyc772014
    mattyc772014 Posts: 3,543 Member
    Options
    Congrats!!! Fantastic!
  • draekin13
    Options
    AMAZING!! :) I understand the being plateaued and starting again. :) Glad to hear you've recommitted to your goals.

I don't know that I really plateaued but I lost the dedication. I started drinking again and that severely affects my weight loss. It was a big confidence boost to not gain anymore than 8 lbs or so from my lightest weight. Makes me realize that I must be on the right path and being doing the right things when I finally get to my goal weight to be able to maintain it for a period of time.

Thank you everyone
  • believeinme0430
    believeinme0430 Posts: 270 Member
    Options
    That's awesome congrats!!
  • rebeccaEsmith
    rebeccaEsmith Posts: 1,136 Member
    Options
    Congrats
  • Eri0515
    Eri0515 Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    Wow, I love reading success stories and your is really great. I would love to hear the whole thing!
  • RodaRose
    RodaRose Posts: 9,562 Member
    Options
    You have done very well. :mrgreen: Thanks,
  • draekin13
    Options
    Just found a picture of myself from around the time I was probably 360-375 before I started MFP. I just went clothes shopping and bought an XL button up shirt and 36 Levi jeans, took this pic last night. Pretty awesome comparison. m8753zynjffh.jpg
  • MikeLeTwigg
    MikeLeTwigg Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    Fantastic job
  • rcontr7
    rcontr7 Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    I totally get what you mean about realizing you can do it and maintain it. I have found after falling off the wagon for two months and maintaining more or less (mostly without trying) that the fear of gaining it all back has lessened. Amazing things can come from things that seem like a disappointment at first! Now I'm more motivated than ever!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!