Fitbit integration - so confused!

Options
So I've been reading through various posts here hoping to understand the discrepancies between my mfp stats and my fitbit stats. I am not a numbers person and it just hasn't clicked for me. i'm hoping someone can "dummy it down" for me. Here's where I stand:

1. Both sites are linked.
2. I enter my food in MFP only.
3. I enter my activity in Fitbit only.
4. I have my activity level in MFP set at "sedentary" because some guy on YouTube recommended that for more accuracy across both websites.
5. I dabbled on MFP a couple of years ago, but ended up dropping it. Now that I have the FitBit One (and loving it!) I feel much more motivated to track my food and utilize the information here and on the FB site.

Questions:
1. Why is my calorie allowance lower on MFP than on FitBit? (by about 200 calories or so)
2. Which calorie allowance should I be using?
3. Am I the only person who feels like the calorie allowance on MFP is too low to begin with? I think I remember reading here a few years ago that some thought the calorie goals on MFP weren't realisitc and I have to say I'm definitely feeling a little too stretched. I definitely know what it feels like to cut back and eat healthful amounts of the right foods and that it requires some amount of restraint. However, I'm having a tough time sticking to it on my current MFP prescribed calorie budget. I'm 43 and at my highest weight ever, but it's only about 20 lbs above what I would consider my ideal healthy weight. Thoughts?

Thanks!

Replies

• Shoechick5
    Shoechick5 Posts: 221 Member
    Options
    I'm no whiz on fitbit, but I enter only on MFP, I enter nothing on Fitbit.
  • Flab2fitfi
    Flab2fitfi Posts: 1,349 Member
    Options

ditto same here
  • HappyElizabeth
    HappyElizabeth Posts: 231 Member
    Options

ditto same here

Double ditto.
    My calorie allowance is different on fitbit and Mfp. I end up eating somewhere in between. The two will never match exactly because they use different formulas.
  • Doxeydoxie
    Doxeydoxie Posts: 75
    Options
    Same for me..only enter on MFP not both.
  • judychicken
    judychicken Posts: 937 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • ctychick
    ctychick Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone!
    One remaining question. I know to enter my non-walking/running/climbing activities into MFP, but I'm assuming you let the Fitbit sync track the steps, right? In other words, do you physically enter steps into MFP based on your FB reading, or do you let that info sync from the FB site?