Replies

• sherbear702
    sherbear702 Posts: 649 Member
    Options
    Kentucky Fried Chicken. OMG I love that $#!t
  • DeguelloTex
    DeguelloTex Posts: 6,658 Member
    Options
    My mother's fried chicken, Popeye's spicy, grilled chicken marinated in pineapple juice, lime, and habanero.
  • strong_curves
    strong_curves Posts: 2,229 Member
    Options
    My husband makes the best fried chicken.
  • kpk54
    kpk54 Posts: 4,474 Member
    Options
    Paprikash
  • kpk54
    Options
    Lee Brother's Country Captain.
  • kpk54
    Options
    Chicken Piccata.
  • AlphaHowls
    AlphaHowls Posts: 1,907 Member
    Options
    Chicken bacon ranch with noodles
  • madhatter2013
    madhatter2013 Posts: 1,547 Member
    Options
    Chicken Lombardy
  • wonko221
    wonko221 Posts: 292 Member
    Options
    i prefer dark meat. more flavor, just as much protein, and a little more fat.

Yesterday i took 9 lbs of boneless/skinless chicken leg meat and made:
    • 2 lbs stir fried in bacon grease; packaged over quinoa with some stir-fried onion, grape tomatoes, shoestring zucchini, mushrooms, & cilantro. (4 servings)
    • 4 lbs in eggwash and lightly breaded, oven roasted; packaged over quinoa with steamed broccoli (8 servings)
    • 3 lbs went in the crock pot this morning with garlic, onions, and serrano pepper. It will have cooked 10 hours when i get home, and i'll add grape tomatoes, diced zucchini, mushrooms. (~6-8 servings depending on veggie load)

This all gets packaged into servings and thrown in the freezer.

Next weekend i'll probably make some chicken fajitas & cabbage with tomatoes & quinoa (a mexican rice replacement), chicken fried in peanut oil with quinoa & onion, cabbage, and peppers, and maybe a pot of stew.

I'm also looking at recipes for making tortillas out of cauliflower. In the near future i plan to make chicken & green chile enchiladas using cauliflower tortillas, and perhaps a white gravy made of pureed cauliflower, garlic, fresh-grated Parmesan cheese, and a little bacon fat.

• laur357
    laur357 Posts: 896 Member
    Options
    A bunch of sautéed hot peppers and onion with chunks of chicken breast. Garlic, cumin. Add some tomato paste and chicken broth at the end and simmer for a minute. Hot sauce and cayenne if the peppers aren't hot enough.
    I don't particularly like chicken, so I try to hide it. I eat a lot of lean pork chops instead.
  • ms_smartypants
    ms_smartypants Posts: 8,278 Member
    Options
    lemon chicken would be my favorite
  • Teamhynes
    Teamhynes Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    Chicken fajitas but I don't eat the tortilla. I serve it over salad. Just sautee chicken with tri-colored peppers and onions with low sodium soy sauce. Top with light cheese and some avocado.
  • findoutntry
    findoutntry Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I would have to say it's my crockpot chicken with a fresh salsa tossed in and let it cook all day you can do anything with it chicken tacos, salad, sandwiches, sometimes just all by its self
  • atypicalsmith
    atypicalsmith Posts: 2,742 Member
    edited August 2015
    Options
    My favorite chicken dish is chicken salad made with a bit of onion, a bit of garlic, and a bit of celery, and bound together with mashed avocado and served with a wheat roll.
  • queenliz99
    queenliz99 Posts: 15,317 Member
    Options
    Beer can chicken on the barbie :)
  • littleb0peep
    littleb0peep Posts: 333 Member
    Options
    Monterey chicken - chicken coated with barbeque sauce, topped with Rotel, jack & Colby cheese, bacon and green onions. Bake that *kitten*. ;D
  • marsinah1
    marsinah1 Posts: 106 Member
    edited August 2015
    Options
    Stir fried chicken with broccoli, chicken and vegetable enchiladas, or grilled chicken that's been skewered on rosemary sprigs and marinated in lemon juice and minced garlic.
  • 85Cardinals
    85Cardinals Posts: 733 Member
    edited August 2015
    Options
    green chicken enchiladas aka chicken enchiladas verdes, my very favorite Tex-Mex entree. But a full plate with rice and beans will set you back over 1000 calories, so you can't eat it that often!

Just regular fried chicken is great too. That's American food right there, hoss.
  • Kalikel
    Kalikel Posts: 9,626 Member
    Options
    Favorite would be with fettuccini Alfredo, lol.

I think there are more chicken recipes than anything else. Bodrillions of cookbooks just on chicken.

I like to roast it with veggies and various different spices, herbs, sometimes dressings, vinaigrettes, etc. Roasted chicken in flavorful and yummy.