Just had in body evaluation done, now how to work with my numbers?

Options
Today I had the in body machine calculate my total body water, dry lean mass, body fat mass etc. Is there a place I can take my official BMR and bf% and calculate my tdee? Wasn't there a general rule about how much protein I should be eating based on lean body mass?

Thanks!!

Replies

• strong_curves
    strong_curves Posts: 2,229 Member
    Options
    What kind of machine was it? IIRC most of them are inaccurate.

You can use scooby's workshop calculator to calculate your TDEE.

IMG_3274.jpg

Inbody-pic.png

71qnces9omL._SL1500_.jpg
  • rebbylicious
    rebbylicious Posts: 621 Member
    Options
    yes that is what I did - but Now I want to know how to tweak my goal using my numbers.
  • IsaackGMOON
    IsaackGMOON Posts: 3,358 Member
    Options
    yes that is what I did - but Now I want to know how to tweak my goal using my numbers.

Why would you... they're so inaccurate. Your hydration levels can throw them off so easily.

If you want something which is far more accurate then a DEXA scan is the way to go.
  • strong_curves
    strong_curves Posts: 2,229 Member
    Options

Go to scooby's workshop. There's a tdee calculator there.
  • yarwell
    yarwell Posts: 10,477 Member
    Options
    Today I had the in body machine calculate my total body water, dry lean mass, body fat mass etc. Is there a place I can take my official BMR and bf% and calculate my tdee? Wasn't there a general rule about how much protein I should be eating based on lean body mass?

Thanks!!

I would start by comparing the BMR you were given with that from here http://www.myfitnesspal.com/tools/bmr-calculator - tell us the outcome