Bar code scanner

Options
Do MFP app have a bar code scanner that will automatically add nutrition information into the daily log?

Replies

• ladyrixx
    ladyrixx Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Yep. The Android app does at least.
  • dargytaylor
    dargytaylor Posts: 840 Member
    Options
    I just discovered it yesterday with my Iphone and love it!
  • kruuTahn
    kruuTahn Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    Pretty sure the iPhone, Android, and Windows Phone apps all have a bar code scanner.
  • CyberTone
    CyberTone Posts: 7,337 Member
    Options
    Please see this article, and many other helpful articles, on the MFP Help pages...
    myfitnesspal.desk.com/customer/portal/articles/13640-how-do-i-use-the-barcode-scanner-to-log-foods-
  • Cynthiamr2015
    Cynthiamr2015 Posts: 161 Member
    edited August 2015
    Options
    Is there a way to use bar codes with just your pc? I do not have a cell phone, plus I have windows 7 on my pc :blush:
  • dargytaylor
    dargytaylor Posts: 840 Member
    Options
    Is there a way to use bar codes with just your pc? I do not have a cell phone, plus I have windows 7 on my pc :blush:

your using your camera on the cell phone
  • CyberTone
    CyberTone Posts: 7,337 Member
    Options
    No. The MFP mobile apps likely use the built-in mobile phones' operating system functions for barcode scanning.
    The MFP developers would have to custom code for web-based scanning, and it would have to be tested to work with multiple operating systems (MacOS, Windows, Linux, etc.) and multiple web browsers (Safari, Firefox, Chrome, Internet Explorer/Edge, etc.). It could be done, but in my opinion, given the growing use of mobile phones worldwide, the return on investment for developing this function on the Web version is not enough to make the effort to offer it on the Web version.