One legged squats. China style :)

Options
fishgutzy
fishgutzy Posts: 2,807 Member
In China they have bicycles one can check out using the transit card.
Just one problem. They are sized for the average Chinese that is 5'2". My son was 5'2" when he was 8. :)
I'm 6'. So even with the seat all the way up, my upper leg is parallel to the ground on the max up stroke. Thus mimicking the starting position for a seated squat. Ha!
So instead of worrying about the far less than ideal riding geometry, I looked at it as a long set of one legged squats as I rode from the corporate apartment to the office.
After work I'll get to the pool for what I have come to refer to as "demolition derby" swimming. Last night I only got hit in the head once in 5km :dizzy:

Replies

• XavierNusum
    XavierNusum Posts: 720 Member
    Options
    Well, when in Rome....errr.....or China! :D
  • fishgutzy
    Options
    Well, when in Rome....errr.....or China! :D
    It is still faster and less painful on my feet than walking. And I get to the office earlier than the first bus gets me here. :) (My Chinese colleagues here don't have the luxury of flexible hours. I do.)
    But it will still be good to get home in September in time for the Patriots season to start.
  • XavierNusum
    XavierNusum Posts: 720 Member
    Options
    Man you were sounding like such an awesome guy, one I'd like to have a beer with........ until that last part! :s

Rams fan, here, bitter since 2001! :D

• DavPul
    DavPul Posts: 61,406 Member
    Options
    I'd look at it more as a fast track to knee pain, but that's just me
  • fishgutzy
    Options
    DavPul wrote: »
    I'd look at it more as a fast track to knee pain, but that's just me
    I know. There is that. Do i don't ride much. And the distances are short.
    If i bright my mountain bike over here it would definitely get attention. It has a huge frame compared to Chinese (children size) bikes :)