Bulimia Recovery

Options
zoe263
zoe263 Posts: 14 Member
ok. So I know this isn't a weight loss success story like everybody else but it is my success in itself. I spent four years very depressed, self harmed a heck of a lot, attempted suicide, boarder line anorexic and then excelled to become very bulimic, passing out multiple times and lucky not to land in hospital (mainly cause when something really bad happened I was alone and secret). With lots of support from my closest friends and boyfriend (who was actually the reason I went into recovery) I'm now 13wks clean and determined to stay clean. I know what it's like being down the eating disorder path and it's not fun. I also know that people on MFP use this app for those reasons. So if anyone is affected by an eating disorder I am more than happy to talk, about you, about my experience. I don't mind. Also feel free to add me.

Replies

• HippySkoppy
    HippySkoppy Posts: 725 Member
    Options
    What a brave, brave woman you are for sharing your story. I am so glad you are on the road to recovery, take each and every day and treasure it, embrace the wonderful life that is yours to have.

Congratulations on your victory and best wishes for your continued success. I too have struggled with the ED anorexia and ongoing body dysmorphia....It all started early on in my life due to abuse and there are too many days when the struggle is very real and victory to close to call. Like you I have never given up and am thankful for each and every day I win each battle.

Best wishes Zoe.
  • Swanson83
    Swanson83 Posts: 226 Member
    Options
    I agree! You are very brave! For sharing and especially for making a change! Keep at it! One day at a time!
  • Duchy82
    Duchy82 Posts: 560 Member
    Options
    Its still a success story well done! :)
  • zoe263
    zoe263 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Thank you. There are times when it gets incredibly hard and at this point in time I still don't like my body. In fact, at times I truly hate my body, but my boyfriend is helping me slowly learn to love myself again.
  • grandmothercharlie
    grandmothercharlie Posts: 1,361 Member
    Options
    You're story moved me. You are heroic and so sensible. I'm sure your story will help others.
  • khadijah178
    khadijah178 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Keep it up!!one day at a time..dont give up!! :)
  • faduma123
    faduma123 Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    Your very strong women!
  • armystrongdevyshka
    Options
    Currently in bulimia recovery going 2 weeks strong ☺️ Add me!
  • Itchula
    Itchula Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    zoe263 wrote: »
    ok. So I know this isn't a weight loss success story like everybody else but it is my success in itself. I spent four years very depressed, self harmed a heck of a lot, attempted suicide, boarder line anorexic and then excelled to become very bulimic, passing out multiple times and lucky not to land in hospital (mainly cause when something really bad happened I was alone and secret). With lots of support from my closest friends and boyfriend (who was actually the reason I went into recovery) I'm now 13wks clean and determined to stay clean. I know what it's like being down the eating disorder path and it's not fun. I also know that people on MFP use this app for those reasons. So if anyone is affected by an eating disorder I am more than happy to talk, about you, about my experience. I don't mind. Also feel free to add me.

Congrats. I'm just starting my journey...
  • Itchula
    Itchula Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    Currently in bulimia recovery going 2 weeks strong ☺️ Add me!

Congrats!
  • brynnsmom
    brynnsmom Posts: 945 Member
    Options
    Absolutely a success story in my opinion. You are very courageous to speak out about your battle. Well done!
  • s_shortridge
    s_shortridge Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    Like others said, you are very brave and very strong. I was bulimic from 13-26. I stopped for religious reasons of all things. But I stopped. I am now 42. I still tend to deal with compulsive overeating.

Just KNOW, that the things that are important to you now, and the people you THINK are important will probably not be someday. I didn't get smart until my 30's and I paid attention to too many things that were unimportant. Let haters hate, be yourself, be happy, be strong, and surround yourself with love, happiness, and things that make you feel good, push all the negative, drama causing things out. You are WORTH IT!
  • MrsMizart
    MrsMizart Posts: 1,275 Member
    Options
    Very, very well done.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!