Do you add alcohol to your food diary

Options

Replies

• Marg672
    Marg672 Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    Yup. I log my amaretto sours! I work them in, they are worth it and I don't have them that often
  • paperpudding
    paperpudding Posts: 9,071 Member
    Options
    Like others, if I have any alcoholic drinks I log them.
    I dont drink every day but you can certainly see alcoholic drinks in my diary every week or so.
  • Sued0nim
    Sued0nim Posts: 17,456 Member
    Options
    I would say that if you are so embarrassed at the amount you are drinking that you don't want to log it as calories then you have a significant issue
  • Sued0nim
    Sued0nim Posts: 17,456 Member
    Options
    Whoops clearly thread has moved on to anti-science statement

LOL at magical fatcohol
  • Whitezombiegirl
    Whitezombiegirl Posts: 1,042 Member
    Options
    I bought a 125ml measure for wine and a 25ml for shots - which is really useful for ensuring your measures are accurate. I'd recomend one to everyone. (I also take to freinds houses when I'm going for drinks)
  • GillianLF
    GillianLF Posts: 410 Member
    Options
    I bought a 125ml measure for wine and a 25ml for shots - which is really useful for ensuring your measures are accurate. I'd recomend one to everyone. (I also take to freinds houses when I'm going for drinks)

That's a great idea!
  • rosebarnalice
    rosebarnalice Posts: 3,488 Member
    Options
    I ALWAYS log my alcohol.
  • CarolinaCricket
    CarolinaCricket Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    I always log it. Depending on what you drink alcohol can be very calorie dense so why wouldn't you?
  • mbaker566
    mbaker566 Posts: 11,233 Member
    Options
    it has calories, and I am ingesting it, so yes it gets logged
  • CSARdiver
    CSARdiver Posts: 6,252 Member
    Options
    I log everything or make a close estimation, especially with the calorie dense foods/beverages.
  • CasperNaegle
    CasperNaegle Posts: 936 Member
    Options
    Yes I drink and yes I log it. I live a vastly healthy life and workout so I can enjoy things and that is having some drinks and even eating rich foods sometimes.
  • kimcalica
    kimcalica Posts: 525 Member
    Options
    Lol.. I quit drinking because I couldn't stand the calories.. Try pot lol.. Just avoid the munchies!!!
  • dmt4641
    dmt4641 Posts: 409 Member
    Options
    I usually don't drink unless I'm going out to a restaurant for dinner. Sometimes the drinks won't appear in my log simply because I do a huge quick add of estimated calories for the entire dinner since there is no way to be even half way accurate. If I am just having a random glass of wine with a dinner I can log accurately, then I would definitely add it.
  • marsinah1
    marsinah1 Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    Drinking alcohol was always a naturally rare thing for me. That being said, if I were to have a public food diary and someone bothered browsing it, they'd still find alcohol listed. Everything I consume is logged, even if it's supposed to a 0 or 1/2 calorie item. Being honest with myself about all the calories I put into my body is important for me to succeed with my health goals.
  • kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 27,988 Member
    Options
    dmt4641 wrote: »
    I usually don't drink unless I'm going out to a restaurant for dinner. Sometimes the drinks won't appear in my log simply because I do a huge quick add of estimated calories for the entire dinner since there is no way to be even half way accurate. If I am just having a random glass of wine with a dinner I can log accurately, then I would definitely add it.

You're breaking it down mentally in order to make your guestimate, aren't you? A drink is a component part of a meal that is easy to log, as opposed to something like lasagna which would indeed be difficult to deconstruct. But I would feel more accurate by guessing at the salad, bread, entree, drinks, etc. separately rather than just putting one total.
  • Verivus
    Verivus Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    I log everything. I don't drink much though. Just once in a blue moon.
  • arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,573 Member
    Options
    It's logged. For sure. I try to keep it to 3 drinks for a "night out" and one to two for a night in.
  • katharmonic
    katharmonic Posts: 5,720 Member
    Options
    Yes, I log it for sure. But I've pretty much cut out having my glass of wine every night to save on calories as well as for medical/sleep reasons. Tracking has also made me more aware of which drinks to order or not order when I'm having a night out (margaritas can be super high in calories!).
  • PaulaWallaDingDong
    PaulaWallaDingDong Posts: 4,641 Member
    Options
    A day that I drink is probably a party day where I'm not logging much of anything, and those days are few and far between.
  • rosebette
    rosebette Posts: 1,659 Member
    Options
    I have a glass of wine most nights and I log it. Sometimes it does make me go over by 100 calories or so but I can't bear to give it up.