lose weight with the law of attraction?

Options

Replies

• MommyL2015
    MommyL2015 Posts: 1,411 Member
    Options
    What people don't realize is that it's a self-fulfilling thing. If you are actively being positive towards the idea that you WILL lose weight, you will. You'll find yourself doing the things that need to be done to achieve whatever goal it is that you're trying to reach.

There is no "secret." If you are motivated, you can achieve whatever goals you seek.

Except money. I can't seem to achieve my winning lottery ticket goal, so that there proves the "secret" is crap. LOL However, I have been motivated enough in the past to save every extra dime for things that I really wanted.
  • MakePeasNotWar
    MakePeasNotWar Posts: 1,329 Member
    Options
    I admit I haven't read the book, but the way it was explained to me is to act as if you have already succeeded, which I kind of get. If you act like a fit, slim person (i.e. do what fit, slim people do - eat well and exercise) you'll eventually become one. If you think of yourself as a fat and hopeless overeater, you're less likely to display the behaviours necessary to make a change. You don't have to wait for the physical change before you make the mental and behavioural changes.

The explanation of the mechanics of it is pretty nuts though, no argument there. I don't think it's magical in any way, it just may help guide behaviour and make you more open to opportunities that you might have passed over had it not been in the forefront of your mind.
  • RodaRose
    RodaRose Posts: 9,562 Member
    Options
    ldg2779 wrote: »
    Law of attraction...some says its fake some says its real..i really dont know if im going to use this or not

Hedge your bets by doing both.
  • hugheseva
    hugheseva Posts: 227 Member
    Options
    msf74 wrote: »
    I suggest losing weight using the laws of thermodynamics.

Much better rate of return...

LOL!
  • Carnhot
    Carnhot Posts: 367 Member
    Options
    Do people actually believe this stuff?
  • hugheseva
    hugheseva Posts: 227 Member
    Options
    I was really interested in the Law of Attraction, so I did an experiment. From about October of 2014 through today's date, I've done nothing but envision a fully functional MFP website, forums with unfettered, adult conversations that truly help people manage their fitness goals, and a community united in support for rational approaches to meeting those goals. I'm still analyzing the data, but a preliminary review appears to show that this experiment has thoroughly debunked the Law of Attraction.

Good luck with your journey!

Hysterically witty!
  • caroldavison332
    caroldavison332 Posts: 864 Member
    Options
    acorsaut89 wrote: »
    By not thinking about what you eat, or not being conscious of what you're putting into your body is probably how you got here in the first place.

I would say it probably isn't worth it and you should definitely re-consider your approach to weight loss. It takes a lot of work and effort to lose weight and keep it off for life; definitely more effort than just thinking about it.

Preach it brother! Prima Ballerinas and Olympic athletes don't just happen. We are discipling our mids, forks, and muscles to fitness. All of the good things you have in life like a college education, happy marriage, well train dog, are because you DISCIPLINED yourself to them. Life tends to fall apart otherwise.
  • nm212
    nm212 Posts: 570 Member
    edited August 2015
    Options
    Honestly, I am a big believer in the law of attraction but I don't think that you are interpreting it right. If that's what it truly means, then it's probably B.S. My take on it , is that you need to change your perspective on the food you put into your body and develop a better relationship with food. When you feel at peace with yourself AKA love yourself, you will not crave the same types of food that you did before....because you are raising your vibration to that of love! If you nourish yourself, then you will want to put healthy foods into your diet. It doesn't mean you should just sit there and keep wishing for something to change. You need to take action on your desires BUT in order to do that , you need to raise your vibration to that of love first!
  • tincanonastring
    tincanonastring Posts: 3,944 Member
    Options
    nm212 wrote: »
    Honestly, I am a big believer in the law of attraction but I don't think that you are interpreting it right. If that's what it truly means, then it's probably B.S. My take on it , is that you need to change your perspective on the food you put into your body and develop a better relationship with food. When you feel at peace with yourself AKA love yourself, you will not crave the same types of food that you did before....because you are raising your vibration to that of love! If you nourish yourself, then you will want to put healthy foods into your diet. It doesn't mean you should just sit there and keep wishing for something to change. You need to take action on your desires BUT in order to do that , you need to raise your vibration to that of love first!

Wut?
  • nm212
    Options
    nm212 wrote: »

Wut?

lol
  • nm212
    Options
    Yes exactly what @nm212 posted. You need to take action. I believe in the book it explains like attracts like. Negative attracts negative. If you are exercising/dieting and thinking of negative thoughts you might be more prone to mess up. But if you are always thinking positively and you are imagining yourself with the goal already accomplished there is a less chance you will miss a day of exercising or eat the wrong things. I think you should reread the book because you are misunderstanding it.

YES!!
  • sheldonklein
    sheldonklein Posts: 854 Member
    Options
    Negativity is a perfectly serviceable word. Positivity isn't even in the dictionary. And it makes my brain hurt. Lets add it to the evil word list, along with "journey" and "lifestyle change."
  • MakePeasNotWar
    MakePeasNotWar Posts: 1,329 Member
    edited August 2015
    Options
    Negativity is a perfectly serviceable word. Positivity isn't even in the dictionary. And it makes my brain hurt. Lets add it to the evil word list, along with "journey" and "lifestyle change."

Of course positivity is in the dictionary. What in the world makes you think it isn't?

ETA
    positivity
    noun pos·i·tiv·i·ty \ˌpä-zə-ˈti-və-tē\
    plural pos·i·tiv·i·ties
    Definition of POSITIVITY

1: the quality or state of being positive

2: something that is positive
  • sheldonklein
    sheldonklein Posts: 854 Member
    Options

Of course positivity is in the dictionary. What in the world makes you think it isn't?

ETA
    positivity
    plural pos·i·tiv·i·ties
    Definition of POSITIVITY

It's not in my Webster's New World Dictionary that I keep at my desk and it's not in the Microsoft Word spell-checker. I can't speak for every dictionary on earth.
  • NCGOALIEMOM
    NCGOALIEMOM Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    I've read the book and watched the DVD. No where do I recall it saying you can use it for a weightloss tool??? Maybe I fell asleep.
  • tincanonastring
    tincanonastring Posts: 3,944 Member
    Options

ETA
    positivity
    plural pos·i·tiv·i·ties
    Definition of POSITIVITY

It's not in my Webster's New World Dictionary that I keep at my desk and it's not in the Microsoft Word spell-checker. I can't speak for every dictionary on earth.

When you look up "positive," does it give you the noun form? If not, what would you use?
  • shrinkingletters
    shrinkingletters Posts: 1,008 Member
    Options
    So, if I ask hard enough, and believe hard enough, I can recieve undying love from one Lee Pace?
  • shrinkingletters
    shrinkingletters Posts: 1,008 Member
    Options

ETA
    positivity
    plural pos·i·tiv·i·ties
    Definition of POSITIVITY

I believe you. "Gullible" isn't in the dictionary, either. Crazy, right?