Migraines

Options
13»

Replies

• aliciap412
    aliciap412 Posts: 170 Member
    Options
    I haven't had a migraine since I eliminated gluten from my diet. I only experience minor headaches now from lack of sleep or too much caffeine.
  • jmc0806
    jmc0806 Posts: 1,444 Member
    Options
    I got them all the time growing up, now it's just occasionally but I usually take excedrin, avoid light, drink coffee for the caffeine and lots of water. I bought some Gunnar gaming glasses that reduce blue uv light for if I'm at work and have to stare at my 2 monitors all day with one.
  • Ejourneys
    Ejourneys Posts: 1,603 Member
    Options
    Amazingly, I don't get migraine pain (debilitating menstrual cramps made up for that), but I get the aura. If I don't treat that immediately it keeps growing until I'm literally blind. Fortunately, my migraines are infrequent, maybe two or three per year.

I take ibuprofen and lie down in a dark room. When I worked in an office I turned out the light, locked my door, and lay down on the floor. I keep away as much as possible from light and sound until the aura is gone, which is usually in about a half hour.

Certain coffees seem to be a trigger, especially the cheaper grinds. So far, I have not gotten any migraines with the coffee I'm currently drinking (Seattle's Best).

I wish you all the best of luck!