Cravings

Options
Miss13x
Miss13x Posts: 15 Member
I can workout everyday but what kills me is my food intake. I love food. When I try eating right my sweet tooth and greasy urges come into effect. Been going on n off diets for years. Need to learn self discipline when it comes to Food.

Replies

• farfromthetree
    farfromthetree Posts: 982 Member
    Options
    Try not giving the sweets up totally. Allow yourself a sweet treat every day and fit it into your daily calorie goal. Also, Don't avoid fats...try eating the good fats like coconut oil, olive oil, avocado. Fats help tremendously with satiety, and have many benefits. Incorporating healthy fats into your diet may help you with your urge to eat greasy foods, avoiding fats altogether may lead you to become frustrated and binge. Just stick to your calorie deficit and don't worry so much for now where those calories come from. ;)
  • TeaBea
    TeaBea Posts: 14,517 Member
    edited August 2015
    Options
    Are you trying to eliminate sweets or fried food completely? That could be the issue for you.

I know that I will not be no sugar added forever, so I plan a sweet snack everyday. I measure and log that sweet snack. What that does is make me prioritize. When I get to goal, I can't have all the sweet snacks I want (that's why I'm fat). But, at least I know what the portions are and how man calories sweets use up. 100 calorie packs are great for this. Having an open bag of Hershey Kisses (not a good idea for me)....but I've had dark chocolate squares around since New Years.

I'm not a huge deep fried food fan. My favorite fast food fries are Culver's....so when I have fries (maybe twice a year) they are Culver's fries. Again, it's the prioritizing thing. If chips are your thing, look for lunch sized bags.
  • 1joe1rdz
    1joe1rdz Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I would recommend to eat more (the right food choices) during your breakfast to control cravings
  • vlfreestone
    vlfreestone Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Replace your sweet cravings with stuff like air-popped popcorn drizzled with honey! Works for me!!!
  • Miss13x
    Options
    1joe1rdz wrote: »
    I would recommend to eat more (the right food choices) during your breakfast to control cravings
    Replace your sweet cravings with stuff like air-popped popcorn drizzled with honey! Works for me!!!
    Hmm going to try it, thanks!
  • Miss13x
    Options

Yes, but it's usually late at night when I crave
  • Miss13x
    Options
    Try not giving the sweets up totally. Allow yourself a sweet treat every day and fit it into your daily calorie goal. Also, Don't avoid fats...try eating the good fats like coconut oil, olive oil, avocado. Fats help tremendously with satiety, and have many benefits. Incorporating healthy fats into your diet may help you with your urge to eat greasy foods, avoiding fats altogether may lead you to become frustrated and binge. Just stick to your calorie deficit and don't worry so much for now where those calories come from. ;)
    Thanks, your right when I give up all fats I end up binging, will include some fats in my diet.
  • mmutluaydin
    mmutluaydin Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    When i crave at night, i eat yoghurt with someprotein powder. It tastes like mousse.
  • Miss13x
    Options
    When i crave at night, i eat yoghurt with someprotein powder. It tastes like mousse.

Mmm will definitely try that.