Replies

• denversillygoose
    denversillygoose Posts: 708 Member
    Options
    No reason to be embarrassed.
  • 999tigger
    999tigger Posts: 5,235 Member
    Options
    Why, its an illness. learn to understand it and then do soemthing about it. If its mild, then exercise can be a massive tonic and effective in dealing with it, if its more than mild then you should consider going to see your Dr. You cna overcome it, things can get better, but you have to make steps to do something.

Tons of valuable information and assessments on here
    http://www.nhs.uk/conditions/depression/Pages/Introduction.aspx

Nothing to be embarrassed about
  • shrinkingletters
    shrinkingletters Posts: 1,008 Member
    Options
    I understand the mindset behind why you'd feel embarrassed by it. Depression has a lot of other side-effects, one of the most common is the shame/embarrassment of not feeling the way you believe you're supposed to. I suffer from depression as well. Sometimes it's manageable, sometimes I want to hide away, other times I get caught up in trying to compartmentalize and rationalize every little feeling I have. It's okay, or so I'm told.

Exercise and self-care is medicine, most times it makes you feel better, other times its just a bitter pill. You gotta push through it.
  • senecarr
    senecarr Posts: 5,377 Member
    Options
    If other medical conditions were treated like depression (and many other mental conditions) is treated:
    2013-11-21-Helpful%20Advice.png