Challenge

qbnGains
qbnGains Posts: 22 Member
Hey everyone, I ran 3 miles in 17:52. So I decided to challenge everyone here, no matter if your out of shape or super fit. I want you to run 3 miles three times a week at least and by the end of the first month I promise you if you push yourself you can do it under 18 minutes!!!

Replies

• kk_inprogress
    kk_inprogress Posts: 3,077 Member
    Hahaha right. I run plenty and there's no way I'd break a 6 minute mile in a month. Good for you, but it's just not true.
  • qbnGains
    Ahh come on don't be so negative. I train a female and the first time she ran it in 33 minutes. At the end of the first month she did it in 20:33. 2 minutes more, I'm pretty sure u can do it!
  • lorrpb
    lorrpb Posts: 11,463 Member
    You obviously do not have much appreciation of the broad range of fitness levels, abilities, physical limitations, etc. It is disrespectful to push this fantasy on others and mock them if they disagree.
  • kk_inprogress
    qbnGains wrote: »
    Ahh come on don't be so negative. I train a female and the first time she ran it in 33 minutes. At the end of the first month she did it in 20:33. 2 minutes more, I'm pretty sure u can do it!

I'm not being negative, I'm being realistic. One person's accomplishment does not prove that anyone can do it, or should do it.
  • qbnGains
    Did I say I was going to mock them? I jus threw a challenge out there since I accomplished it. THe reason: just to push others. Even if you don't get the 18 minutes I'm sure it will be close. I apologize if anyone got offended. Maeby I should have reword it better.
  • kk_inprogress
    Check it out, @curiouschemist - I figured out how we can do our half under 2.

:D

• qbnGains
    :)
  • kk_inprogress
    Just running 3 times a week? No strength training, no pacing, no coaching, no diet changes? And I'm going to drop 4 minutes a mile?

FALSE. I've run three times a week for a hell of a lot longer than a month and that's ridiculous.
  • malibu927
    malibu927 Posts: 17,562 Member
    I can barely walk a 19 minute mile. No way can I cut that down to a third of the time in one month.
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,920 Member
    I don't think you can promise anyone anything if you have no idea what their fitness or capability is. 6 minute mile is a pretty fast run even for someone who's decently fit.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

9285851.png
  • mccindy72
    mccindy72 Posts: 7,001 Member
    Hey everyone, I ran 3 miles in 17:52. So I decided to challenge everyone here, no matter if your out of shape or super fit. I want you to run 3 miles three times a week at least and by the end of the first month I promise you if you push yourself you can do it under 18 minutes!!!

It's a great accomplishment for you that you were able to do that - but not everyone can do it. Kudos to you! Don't try to tell everyone else, in a blanket statement, that they can do it too, when you aren't aware of their physical abilities and/or limitations.
  • qbnGains
    Ok, I already got the negative reaction from the first person who posted, no need for everyone to tell me the same thing. It was a challenge either you accept it or you don't. I'm not pointing a gun to your head. You guys are seriously getting butt hurt from something that you can decide wether or not to do it. The female that I mention who tried it with me did not get 18 but she did went down to a 20 minute. So even though she did not get 18 now she is proud because she was 2 minutes away. First time she ran it at 33 mins... At the end of the day the point is I wanted to push you guys, but I guess there is more negativity and sensible people in this forums then those who really have their minds on accomplishing their goals. Come @ me brus!
  • ninerbuff
    Ok, I already got the negative reaction from the first person who posted, no need for everyone to tell me the same thing. It was a challenge either you accept it or you don't. I'm not pointing a gun to your head. You guys are seriously getting butt hurt from something that you can decide wether or not to do it. The female that I mention who tried it with me did not get 18 but she did went down to a 20 minute. So even though she did not get 18 now she is proud because she was 2 minutes away. First time she ran it at 33 mins... At the end of the day the point is I wanted to push you guys, but I guess there is more negativity and sensible people in this forums then those who really have their minds on accomplishing their goals. Come @ me brus!
    Look at this objectively:
    A challenge that's more than likely undoable for the MAJORITY of the population
    A challenge that challenges the person just above their current ability.

If you would have said "Take your fastest time walking/running a mile and beat it by say 15-30 seconds", you'd more than likely have more participants.

There are ways to push people without having to have them annihilate themselves. I do it everyday with clients. What's the true goal? To be a LITTLE better than last time. Progression takes small steps.

IDEA Fitness member

9285851.png

• qbnGains
    Cool man. Next time ill challenge you guys to see who can cry the longest on my shoulder. Maeby I'll get a positive reaction since that sounds easier to do.
  • queenliz99
    queenliz99 Posts: 15,317 Member
    Cool man. Next time ill challenge you guys to see who can cry the longest on my shoulder. Maeby I'll get a positive reaction since that sounds easier to do.

You are making all kinds of friends. Wow
  • ninerbuff
    Realize that many people on here can barely walk a mile in 20 minutes. You've offered a challenge to some who KNOW at this point in their life that a 6 minute mile in a months' time (heck even a 10 minute mile) isn't attainable. Yeah, I get that you're intention is to inspire, but mocking people and what they perceive they can actually do isn't going to get people over to your side.

IDEA Fitness member

9285851.png

• qbnGains
    queenliz99 wrote: »

You are making all kinds of friends. Wow

Lol thx. Been getting a lot of request.