Any Triathlon people or a Ironman

Options
I have been on MFP for some time now and have lost 100 lbs it all start with MFP and c25k. Last fall i ran my first half marathon, earlier this spring i ran my first full marathon july i did my first sprint tri august my 2 tri and few weeks ago my 3rd I know I'm on a roll but I got big dreams of doing a ironman and need help to keep the spark alive if you do ttriathlons or have ever thought about it send me a friend request lets motivate each other. wcct8b83nep8.jpg
mfp-

Replies

• juliet3455
    juliet3455 Posts: 3,015 Member
    Options
    @walleyebob977 : Impressive pics and a precious bundle in your arms.
    Try this search of the Groups it will lead you to 3 pages of Triathlon groups, Look around in the groups and pick one that seems to fit what you are looking for.
    http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/search?Page=p2&group_group=1&Search=triathlon
  • hebdenbiker
    hebdenbiker Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Hi mate, Ironman here. It's well achievable providing you actually like cycling, because the race is all about that. When I raced my Ironman I was overweight (175cm height, 84kg weight). Looking at your 2014 pic, I've seen bigger guys than that racing long course. Add me if you like and good luck
  • cookiestarr
    cookiestarr Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hi, this is my first season of tri and I love it!!!
    I came from a marathon /ultra background, but was fed up getting injured and got bored with running.
    So far I have done s duathlon, a sprint and two Olympic distance. I am super slow, but I love it.
    Next year my goal is a half iron distance and some adventure racing.
    Ironman is my longer term goal..... I want to finish it.
    I am here to get leaner and faster.
    Good luck with your training.
  • chunkytfg
    chunkytfg Posts: 339 Member
    Options
    Hi mate, Ironman here. It's well achievable providing you actually like cycling, because the race is all about that. When I raced my Ironman I was overweight (175cm height, 84kg weight). Looking at your 2014 pic, I've seen bigger guys than that racing long course. Add me if you like and good luck

agreed about the bigger guys comment but not about the bike. Yes the bike portion is important but you still have 26.2miles to complete once you get off it and you will feel every single one of them!!!

3 ironmans, 1 half, 2 marathons, lost count of my Half Mara's and an extremely boring 6hr ultra marathon and not one of them was done under 107kg!

Finished this years ironman in 11.38 weighing 109kg.

• hebdenbiker
    hebdenbiker Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    chunkytfg wrote: »
    Finished this years ironman in 11.38 weighing 109kg.

But you're 7ft tall, right? :smiley:

• juliet3455
    juliet3455 Posts: 3,015 Member
    edited August 2015
    Options
    Hi, this is my first season of tri and I love it!!!
    I am super slow, but I love it.
    Next year my goal is a half iron distance and some adventure racing.
    Just did my first Tri ( Sprint ) on the weekend - Made all of my Goals. 42/61
    1) Finished
    2) Finished Standing up
    3) Never Needed Medical Aid, did get a Bo-Bo from jumping out of the Pool and Scrapping/cutting my knee on the tiles.

If you want an adventure Race and a Vacation in Canada try the Emperors Challenge
    or the Great Canadian Death Race