Grieving, weight loss, and staying the course

Options
So, very recently my very beloved cat died of cancer. She had been on the decline for a while, but her death was still very painful (I was closer to her than I am to most of my family).

I'm wondering how others have dealt with grief and sadness during their weight loss journeys.

Admittedly, today I definitely overate. Food was long a comfort for me, and I am a little concerned about falling back on it as a means of feeling better during tough times (not just in this instance, but down the road). What other means of comfort have people found (short of church- sorry, not my thing) when they know they can't and shouldn't just empty their cupboards?

Replies

• hurleycutie142
    hurleycutie142 Posts: 480 Member
    Options
    As humans we all have that outlet to which we deal with pain,stress,heartache and so forth... some reach for alcohol and some reach for food... what it takes to get over someone or something that was close to u is to have ur grieving moment and snap out of it... come to terms that she or he is gone and know that life has to go on... now when it comes to urself food can not be an outlet anymore.. why not use all that pain and aggression and go to the gym? I swear everytime i have a hard day or i am stressed out going to the gym and taking it out on my own body is an amazing drug that food can not fill... and its for something positive and not negative... if u need support fill free to add me