full feeling...

Options
I eat because I don't feel full. I get hungry quicker. Any recommendations for any foods with low calories to snack on throughtout the day? Thanks.

Replies

• tiptoethruthetulips
    tiptoethruthetulips Posts: 3,361 Member
    edited August 2015
    Options
    Are you eating sufficient for meals?

If you ensure you are getting sufficient lean proteins, dairy and high fibre foods these will help keep you sustained for longer.
  • oh_happy_day
    oh_happy_day Posts: 1,138 Member
    Options
    I snack on baby cucumbers and cherry tomatoes when I need some extra volume with minimal calories. I often feel fuller with fats and protein so cottage cheese, hardboiled eggs, and yoghurt are good too. 100g of cottage cheese and a dozen cherry tomatoes are about 110 calories but really helps keep me full.
    Air popped popcorn is good if you want some crunch, just watch the portion size.

Are you eating enough with your main means? I bulk out my main meals with as many vegetables as possible! My dinner tonight was a huge bowl of vegetables (roasted, steamed & raw) with some poached chicken breast and home made dressing (tsp honey, tsp olive oil and red wine vinegar). It was super filling and only 300 calories.
  • ultrahoon
    ultrahoon Posts: 467 Member
    Options
    Snacks / meals that contain a little fat and protein usually do it for me. Keeps the full feeling longer, so that the next meal restores it again. I try and avoid spending too much time hungry!
  • Versacam
    Versacam Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    This week I've been eating raw carrot before lunch and dinner.. 1 large carrot is around 50-60 calories and it seems to have made a huge difference to my fullness.