The Story So Far

Options
VintageFeline
VintageFeline Posts: 6,771 Member
Today I hit a a big goal, I am 2 stone down (28lbs to the non-Brits). I have had a lot of health problems over the last few years and to finally be in control of something feels amazing.

Not only that but this morning I ran 3.7 miles. Never in all my days did I ever think running was something I'd do voluntarily, even when I was a gymnast and dancer I would joke about not even running for a bus.

So I thought I would share. I have at least the same to go but it's not daunting anymore, just more steps on the journey.

32rkywmxic05.jpg

Replies

• RuNaRoUnDaFiEld
    RuNaRoUnDaFiEld Posts: 5,864 Member
    Options
    Your looking good, great shape you are getting!
  • tkphotogirl
    tkphotogirl Posts: 245 Member
    Options
    You're doing great! Similar story here, health problems and now nearly a stone and a half down with about the same to go :)
  • kspoon5
    kspoon5 Posts: 239 Member
    Options
    You Look great!!
  • vixtris
    vixtris Posts: 688 Member
    Options
    Awesome progress! I love your workout outfit in the last pic. Keep it up!
  • mabinethin
    mabinethin Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    wow!!!!! you look amazing...keep up the good work. Love the pink hair :p
  • efrensgirl2015
    efrensgirl2015 Posts: 480 Member
    Options
    Congrats! U r doing really good in a short period of time.
  • Wolfy34
    Wolfy34 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Great job!!! So I have seen a reference to a stone before...does that mean 1 stone = 14 lbs?
  • Jillish23
    Jillish23 Posts: 226 Member
    edited August 2015
    Options
    @VintageFeline your new shape is so beautiful and it's nice to hear about the health benefits too. :)

@Wolfy34
    Wolfy34 wrote: »
    So I have seen a reference to a stone before...does that mean 1 stone = 14 lbs?

Yes. :)

I weigh myself in stones and pounds, log my weight only in pounds on MFP and weigh my food on the scales in grams.

Old recipes often use fluid ounces or pints instead of millilitres and ounces instead of grams. The joy of being British!
  • VintageFeline
    VintageFeline Posts: 6,771 Member
    edited August 2015
    Options
    Yep, good old Britain and its hodge podge of measurements. I'm happy using pounds, stones or kilos for my weight but for my British counterparts it's nice to see something they are familiar with and can identify with.

I weigh my food in grams, am a dressmaker who prefers inches but often has to pattern cut in cm and distances are still measured in miles here! I pity any outsiders who come here even to visit trying to get their head around it.

mabinethin wrote: »
    wow!!!!! you look amazing...keep up the good work. Love the pink hair :p

Thank you! That last photo is pre dyeing it again, I am no longer blonde with a pink flash but pink and purple all over. I just wanted to go for a run before putting the colour on post pre root bleach (my hair is hellishly high maintenance).

vixtris wrote: »
    Awesome progress! I love your workout outfit in the last pic. Keep it up!

Thanks! I actually have the matching galaxy leggings to the top but they run a lot smaller than the top and would be obscenely see through to wear right now. Sad times. That said, I love the bottoms I have on, almost compression but pretty and without the price tag.

Congrats! U r doing really good in a short period of time.

Confession, I don't have an actual start picture. Before the end of week one picture I had already lost 8-10lbs without logging on MFP, so my timescales here are a wee bit off. I'm averaging a little over 1lb a week. Slow and steady so that it's sustainable and I maintain as much lean body mass as possible.
  • BabyPhat90713
    BabyPhat90713 Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    You look good. Great job
  • mmnv79
    mmnv79 Posts: 538 Member
    Options
    Well done!
  • MaryRyll
    MaryRyll Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Fantastic! Here's hoping you feel as awesome as you look!
  • ks_mommaof5
    ks_mommaof5 Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    Congratulations - your shape has transformed!!!!!!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!