2»

Replies

• SLLRunner
    SLLRunner Posts: 12,942 Member
    edited August 2015
    Options
    auddii wrote: »
    Kalikel wrote: »
    Buy healthy foods and prepare them in ways that taste good.

Don't get sucked into the trap of thinking that only junk food tastes good, so most of your diet has to be food that you don't actually like.

The single saddest thing I ever read on MFP was "Most of my diet is healthy, but I still save room for things I like."
    It was said as if having most of your diet be food you don't enjoy eating was a good thing - that saving room for a little bit of food you like (which was empty-calorie stuff) was a great way to eat.

Eat healthy food that you like! Healthy does NOT mean that it can't taste good!

Seriously, of all the things you've read on mfp, that statement is the saddest? Many people enjoy the flavor of healthy foods, and they also work in calorie dense "treats" in moderation. Just because you deliberately choose to misinterpret that statement, you should not spread that drivel across the forums and pretend that we all insist on eating foods people don't enjoy.

Yep. Thumbs up on this.
    ninerbuff wrote: »
    The single saddest thing I ever read on MFP was "Most of my diet is healthy, but I still save room for things I like." It was said as if having most of your diet be food you don't enjoy eating was a good thing - that saving room for a little bit of food you like (which was empty-calorie stuff) was a great way to eat.

But the French, Asian and many other Eastern countries eat that way. It'd be naive to believe all they eat is "healthy" food, even for dessert.
    So are you saying it can't be with people on MFP?

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

9285851.png

I so agree with both of these guys. Healthy food is in one's perception anyway, and it's much healthier for me to work treats in than to deprive myself. Besides, while staying in calorie goals, your macros can be met with a variety of foods.
  • ElJefeChief
    ElJefeChief Posts: 650 Member
    Options
    When in doubt, vegetables to fill you up. Then follow with protein, fat, and carbs to top you off. Just my opinion.
  • SLLRunner
    SLLRunner Posts: 12,942 Member
    edited August 2015
    Options
    BWBTrish wrote: »
    Balanced is important
    I eat it all!!

When i want high dense calorie food like pasta or pizza whatever, i eat lower calorie dense the whole day..so veggies and fruits.
    Ice cream? np problem I all fit it in...I love vegetables...i am a real rabbit lol But for sure i wont cut out my pizza/french fries donut or whatever as long as there are no medical issues...because it is not needed for weight loss to do so.

Same here. I deprived myself for years, during which time my weight went up and down all the time. I was only able to lose weight and maintain after I learned that no foods are good or bad and I can be satiated by eating a variety of foods.
  • senecarr
    senecarr Posts: 5,377 Member
    Options

Don't get sucked into the trap of thinking that only junk food tastes good, so most of your diet has to be food that you don't actually like.

The single saddest thing I ever read on MFP was "Most of my diet is healthy, but I still save room for things I like." It was said as if having most of your diet be food you don't enjoy eating was a good thing - that saving room for a little bit of food you like (which was empty-calorie stuff) was a great way to eat.

I'd bow to your superior and practical knowledge of the subject. ;)

• cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,867 Member
    Options

I think your interpretation is way off here...what people are saying is that most of their diet is very healthy but they save room for treats and typical "junk" type of foods here and there...

I eat very healthfully...I enjoy it...I am an excellent cook and none of my healthy food is boring or bland...it all pretty much rocks...but I also enjoy taking my kids out for some pizza now and then. I wouldn't /couldn't do that all of the time because I don't log...I would gain weight easily if I went out frequently for pizza...so it's a treat...not really sure what's wrong with that or why that's sad other than you're completely misinterpreting information.
  • Packerjohn
    Packerjohn Posts: 4,855 Member
    Options
    90% or so of needed calories from nutritionally dense foods, the other 10% from whatever, will get most people where thy want to be.
  • lemurcat12
    lemurcat12 Posts: 30,886 Member
    Options
    auddii wrote: »
    Just because you deliberately choose to misinterpret that statement

Precisely.
  • lemurcat12
    lemurcat12 Posts: 30,886 Member
    Options
    b_hodds wrote: »
    hey guys - I'm doing great with eating low calorie but something's I know those calories are empty. And suggestions to help up the nutrition while keeping low cal.

I can't tell from the OP what exactly she needs advice on. In case it's about nutrition, here's a good site: http://www.hsph.harvard.edu/nutritionsource/healthy-eating-plate/