Finally Here!

Options
I started on MFP in January 2014. I've had several setbacks where I would gain 5 lb and then realize I was doing and get back on track. That yo-yo led to a year and a half of trying to get the "last 10 pounds" off. I'm sure it was all of my extra running around and activity this summer that has finally allowed me to reach my goal. I couldn't be happier and I've had great support along the way. Now that I'm here I still think I could go for another 5 or 10lbs but my main focus for Fall/Winter will be to maintain. I don't want any holiday weight gain this year, so I'm going to work on maintenance and continue for recomp. I've heard it's difficult but I've got nothing but time;) MFP works and I'm living proof that you can reach your goal even if it seems forever away. Keep at it!!

Replies

• maxit
    maxit Posts: 880 Member
    Options
    Great work! And remember - weight range not absolute number :)
  • dmt4641
    dmt4641 Posts: 409 Member
    Options
    Congrats! You may find that you don't need to lose more after recomping for a while. I thought I wanted to lose a little more because I wanted to go down a size and wasn't quite there yet once I hit maintenance. After two months of maintenance and heavy lifting I have lost the jeans size and I'm gaining definition. Everything is shrinking except for my weight.
  • dcarter1020
    dcarter1020 Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    Wow! That's great to hear. Thanks for that:) I think it's hard to let go of the weight loss mentality and focus on building strength. I'm looking forward to it.