how to figure my calories

Options
I am new to this TDEE thing. How do I figure out mine

Age;38 years old

Height 5"4 inches tall

Weight: 176 pounds

Activity level: I do 25 minuets of cardio 5 days a week + 10 minuets of spark people work out boot camp (toning videos)

I would like to learn how to eat according to this method so I am insuring my body of proper nutrients

Replies

• __Di__
    __Di__ Posts: 1,630 Member
    Options
    I always wonder how anybody figures out the numbers if their day to day life is different each day.
  • savithny
    savithny Posts: 1,200 Member
    Options
    I always wonder how anybody figures out the numbers if their day to day life is different each day.

Thats why MFP calculates it differently, and has you include ONLY things you do regularly in your activity level, and then track exercise and eat the calories that you earn from exercise.

You can either say "I walk to work every day and home again, so I'm moderately active," and get a straight goal from that -- and then DO NOT track the walk to work and home as exercise....

Or you can say "I sit on my butt all day at work and come home and sit some more. Andt hen sometimes I walk to work." And then you'd get a different, MUCH LOWER goal - but you would go on every day and log the walk as exercise, and that would add calories to your goal (which you would eat back).