not going exactly as planned

Options
I have officially been dieting/excersizing/counting calories for 1 week now. Kind of disappointed that I've only lost 2 lbs. I've never really excersized before, but decided I wanted to transform, so my plan is gym 2-3x week...I went 3 last week, and worked out for 1.5 hrs each time...I've gone once so far this week...plan to go Friday and Saturday...I have been juicing for breakfast and lunch sometimes, then baked chicken or turkey for dinner...my weakness used to be dr.pepper but now I've been sticking to only water...I guess I just thought i would lose it faster....my calorie goal is 1750...but I eat several hundred calories under that...what do you typically have for lunch or dinner? Trying to think of different ideas. Thanks!

Replies

• SimoneBee12
    SimoneBee12 Posts: 268 Member
    Options
    2lbs in your first week is fine, and from what I can see, you have less than 30lbs to lose so realistically you should be looking to lose 0.5-1lb a week. I think your expectations are a little bit too high.
  • jessathemessa
    jessathemessa Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    For most people, it isn't realistic to lose more than 2lbs a week unless you have a substantial amount of weight to lose. You didn't share your stats so on that part I really can't be more helpful. As for your food, make sure that you have a scale to measure your food to make sure you are logging accurately. You could easily be eating far more than you think.

And finally, remember that you are only 1 week in, and if you keep up 2lbs/week, that is a amazing. However, weight loss isn't linear and you won't always lose or lose the same. You need to have patience because weight loss takes time.
  • vivmom2014
    vivmom2014 Posts: 1,647 Member
    Options
    One week = practically nothing in terms of TIME! Adjust your expectations, and besides, you lost 2 lbs.!

Please don't be in a rush. It will only be counter-productive.

Lunch & dinner ideas: eat food you love! Just keep under your goal, like you're doing.
  • soapsandropes
    soapsandropes Posts: 269 Member
    Options
    2lbs per week is fantastic! Be patient it takes time to lose weight.
  • TeaBea
    TeaBea Posts: 14,517 Member
    Options
    2lbs in your first week is fine, and from what I can see, you have less than 30lbs to lose so realistically you should be looking to lose 0.5-1lb a week. I think your expectations are a little bit too high.

This^

You are doing very well! Keep up the good work.
  • Bacchants
    Bacchants Posts: 92 Member
    edited August 2015
    Options
    How far are you from your goal weight? The closer you are the slower will/should lose. Only really overweight people will loose ~2lb a week. A healthy, sustainable loss is .5 lb. per week for every 25 lbs. you're overweight

Also 1 week is far too soon to see yourself 'transform', give it a few more weeks and take progress pictures and photos so you have a something other than the scale to look at.
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,874 Member
    Options
    you need to develop some more realistic expectations...2 Lbs per week is on the high end of healthy weight loss.

this isn't "reality" t.v....

• ashliedelgado
    ashliedelgado Posts: 814 Member
    Options
    Start taking measurements and pics, too. I started doing this when I got t25 because its recommended, I had never really done it before. You know, most days, I can't tell a difference looking in the mirror at all. Some weeks, the scale hasn't budged at all. But every Saturday, I take new pics and new measurements, and those speak for themselves. I wish I never fell into the trap of weighing myself. At my worst, I was weighing myself anytime I was naked and near my scale - to the point that every time I went to the rest room I would undress just to see. So I could "learn" from my choices during the day. All I learned was a neurotic behavior that sabotaged my goals time and time again. Now, its a struggle to only weigh in a couple times a week. Find other ways to mark your progress, you'll be glad you did.
  • tkphotogirl
    tkphotogirl Posts: 245 Member
    Options
    2lbs is a really good start! You can't micromanage the rate at which your body decides to shift the weight - it will vary no matter how consistent you are, and as other posters have said, 2lbs a week is at the high end of healthy weight loss. Patience is definitely the key. I am prone to bouts of impatience and willing my body to just get on with it and catch up with where my head wants it to be, but I just keep telling myself that it all adds up and I'll get there in good time. I have a pair of jeans that I try on every couple of weeks and take pictures, and that's been a good measure of progress.
  • Kalikel
    Kalikel Posts: 9,626 Member
    Options
    2 pounds a week is a lot! I'd jump for joy if I lost two pounds every week.

It's going to take a long, long time. You're going to have to do the hard work of losing for such a long time that it's best to be patient.

How many things go as planned, anyway? Not too many, lol. :)