Is this normal?

Options
nyglbn501yla.png
I started a bulk 4 days ago, i was progressing very quickly in a few days, but today i weighed 3 lbs lighter. Yesterday i finally went back to work (valet in las vegas) idk if i burned too many calories while at work and at the gym. I also did a 15 minute cardio session. My calorie intake is 3500 calories. Does it help that im eating relatively the same foods as i was when i was cutting? Only now im eating it in bigger portions. Should i continue eating how i am or say eff it and have a "dirty" bulk. Thanks

Replies

• lovellm122
    lovellm122 Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    Dont do a dirty bulk, will be a very hard cut in the future. you are basically a few days into your bulk, i wouldnt worry at this stage. as long as you are eating this amount of calories, your carbs and protein has increased, you will add mass. that weight fluctuation could just be water or the time of the day. Keep going. You using creatine?
  • speed3_bobby
    speed3_bobby Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    Yea i weigh myself every morning after i have do morning routines. The only creatine i consume is from mr hyde. 1g of creatine. I should consume 3 to 5 grams huh?
  • lovellm122
    Options
    Deffo 5 grams a day straight after training. Even take on your day off. Dont cycle off it, no need. When taking 5 grams a day you need to consume at least a gallon of water, this will prevent excess water retention, bloating, and help ya organs. one level teaspoon is 5 grams.
  • lovellm122
    Options
    You will notice a few pounds increase, and extra strength, after the first two weeks of taking 5 grams a day. 1 gram will not be doing anything.
  • lovellm122
    Options
    after about 28 days your muscles will be fully saturated
  • speed3_bobby
    Options
    lovellm122 wrote: »
    Deffo 5 grams a day straight after training. Even take on your day off. Dont cycle off it, no need. When taking 5 grams a day you need to consume at least a gallon of water, this will prevent excess water retention, bloating, and help ya organs. one level teaspoon is 5 grams.

I will buy some today! I used to have creatine too. Yea the water part is no problem. God knows how much water i drink from work and off work to every meal lol
  • JoRocka
    JoRocka Posts: 17,525 Member
    Options
    it's been 4 days- what are you really expecting in 4 days?
  • speed3_bobby
    Options
    JoRocka wrote: »
    it's been 4 days- what are you really expecting in 4 days?

Yea its early i know i just wanted to make sure its fluctuation and have people chime in if im missing a piece. Which i was
  • _Bropollo_
    _Bropollo_ Posts: 168 Member
    Options
    Your weight is going to fluctuate like mad on a bulk OP. You need to give your weight measurements weeks to find the underlying trend. A couple of days of data is not going to show you anything. Do not be tempted to just start dumping more calories on, extra fat for no reason is not what you want.
  • jdscrubs32
    jdscrubs32 Posts: 514 Member
    Options
    _Bropollo_ wrote: »
    Your weight is going to fluctuate like mad on a bulk OP. You need to give your weight measurements weeks to find the underlying trend. A couple of days of data is not going to show you anything. Do not be tempted to just start dumping more calories on, extra fat for no reason is not what you want.

@speed3_bobby I would agree with @_Bropollo_ as its more about the long term results over the short term. To be honest, I only weigh myself once a month and look at the results after 3 months. It has worked for me so far.
  • terar21
    terar21 Posts: 523 Member
    Options
    Yeah, I just started and I'm weighing daily but it's not going to really show you anything meaningful right now. There's literally no rhyme or reason to how my weight is going up and down on a daily basis. My chart is literally 1 pound up, 1 pound down, 2 pounds up, 2 pounds down. Ate an insane amount of sodium yesterday with DOMS...weight went down. Don't worry about it. That's not long enough to give any valid data.
  • JoRocka
    JoRocka Posts: 17,525 Member
    Options
    terar21 wrote: »
    Yeah, I just started and I'm weighing daily but it's not going to really show you anything meaningful right now. There's literally no rhyme or reason to how my weight is going up and down on a daily basis. My chart is literally 1 pound up, 1 pound down, 2 pounds up, 2 pounds down. Ate an insane amount of sodium yesterday with DOMS...weight went down. Don't worry about it. That's not long enough to give any valid data.
    yeppers
    that's the way the cookie crumbles!!!