Rocking the Dad Bod

Options
My entire life I have been athletic and at least the last 5 years into fitness...with that said having kids has made it challenging to keep up with fitness goals.

So recently I paid a visit to an Army Wellness Center. I underwent three "test" areas: Metabolic Testing, Body Composition Testing and Fitness Testing. The results while surprising were clear and actionable. Bottom line: I am not in as good of shape as I would like to assume. My RMR is low and my Body Fat and waist girth are higher than they should be. My coach told me what the numbers were, what they meant, and how to improve them.

So here I am on the fitness journey (again) but with better information and a better plan.

I now know how many calories I should be consuming and how my meals and snacks should be spaced throughout the day. I am reinvigorated to work out with the goal of increasing my metabolism, shedding some fat and building some lean muscle and getting back to where I was about three years ago.

Replies

• susieb2sweet
    susieb2sweet Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Awesome! How has it been going? I am scheduled for the initial consult next month and hoping to get my testing done after that. I think knowing how our bodies burn will help tremendously to eat and exercise better.