Thigh Tattoo Advice

Options
Hi guys,

So lately I've been having some body image struggles and I'm hoping to get advice from people who have some tattoo experience. On my 21st birthday coming up in a week I plan to get a bigger tattoo. My artists has it draw but I'm just struggling to decide on the placement. Most of my tattoos are in places where I feel like weight gain/loss wouldn't effect them much (wrists, ankle, forearm). But ever since I've come up with the concept for my tattoo I've really wanted to place it on my thigh. I have reservations though because I'm "fat" and I don't want the tattoo looking distorted or weird especially if I gain/loos weight. Does anyone have any experiences with thigh tattoos? Its so conflicting because I think it would be cute and boost my confidence but I don't want to spend money on something that will be gross later in life.

Replies

• curvy_gamer_loses
    curvy_gamer_loses Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    I have two thigh tattoos (so far). I just love the placement for them. I had the same worries that you do but I am very glad I got mine there. It looks very cute with shorts. You can also cover it up with capris or pants if you have to. Most people don't even know I have tattoos there unless I have worn shorts around them. I lost like 25 pounds after I got my first one ( and gained 40lbs back xD) and it didn't effect the tattoo at all. I say go for it.
  • Need2Exerc1se
    Need2Exerc1se Posts: 13,575 Member
    Options
    At your age losing/gaining probably won't have a big impact, but if you gain a lot and lose it when you are older it could really make a difference. Old skin and young skin are not the same. But, honestly if you want it, get it. Use it as a reason not to get fat when you're older. ;)
  • Mily94D
    Mily94D Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I have two thigh tattoos (so far). I just love the placement for them. I had the same worries that you do but I am very glad I got mine there. It looks very cute with shorts. You can also cover it up with capris or pants if you have to. Most people don't even know I have tattoos there unless I have worn shorts around them. I lost like 25 pounds after I got my first one ( and gained 40lbs back xD) and it didn't effect the tattoo at all. I say go for it.

Thank you for the advise! I rely appreciate it. Im thinking I'll ask my tattoo artist and
  • GothyFaery
    GothyFaery Posts: 762 Member
    Options
    I'm covered in tattoos. I had 3 thigh tattoos before my weight loss. After losing 40 pounds and slimming out a lot, the only tattoo that looked the slightest bit different was my octopus which had started on the top of my thigh. It just moved inward a little. My husband can't even see it but I can (I mean I've looked at this thing every time I sat on a toilet for the last 4 years, I know it's moved).

I have a large back piece that also changed shape a little bit. It used to be round and now it's more oval. Again it doesn't look bad at all, just different from when it was first put on.

I love my thigh tattoos because they make me feel sexy when just a tiny bit shows from under my dress. It's like a mystery that only select people ever get to see in it's entirety. I say go for it!
  • ValerieMartini2Olives
    ValerieMartini2Olives Posts: 3,024 Member
    Options
    I have a thigh tattoo.

According to my tattoo artist, you need to lose a CONSIDERABLE amount of weight (minimum of 100 pounds) for any type of shifting.
  • tippie2015
    tippie2015 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    I plan on getting some tattoos after I have lost weight. I am using that as motivation though lol.
    I would like to get one on my upper thing area as well.

I have tattoos now ( between shoulders, lower back, etc) and gaining and losing weight didn't change them at all.
  • Mily94D
    Options
    Thanks guys :) you all have been so helpful. Like I said before I have other tattoos that I never really worry about but this will be my first big/expensive tattoo but I really think It'll be okay. I think thigh tattoos actually look sexy on bigger women and hopefully it will be more of a confidence booster than anything. Also I'm not sure if I mentioned it or not but I plan on getting it right above my knee which would be the least cellulite place.
  • Mily94D
    Options
    I have a thigh tattoo.

According to my tattoo artist, you need to lose a CONSIDERABLE amount of weight (minimum of 100 pounds) for any type of shifting.

Also I just creeped on your pictures and I love your tattoo :)