How do you cope...(female question)

Options
...with boobs deflating? Like I was never big chested to start but I am gradually entering B-cup/A-cup territory. I know by the time I reach goal, I will probably be a small A-cup.

What's more depressing is that I have way more stomach to lose and just this little chest. I don't have much of a butt either but I don't really care about keeping up with the big booty trend. I just want medium sized breasts lol.

I've heard of working the pectoral area to make them appear bigger but so far that hasn't really worked for me.

Is there anyone else going through similar struggles and any suggestions to combat it?

Replies

• pickleweight
    pickleweight Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I also will tend to lose weight from my boobs first, and it's definitely a bummer, espeically since I personally get a lot of self confidence from my boobs! I'm not sure about exericises to help it but I bet doing pec exercises (such as modified pushups from the knee or agains the wall from standing,) would be helpful *over several months*. Otherwise I try focusing on the positive aspect of weight loss, my jeans fit a tad better and there's less chance of busting out of blouses! Also having larger D cup boobs can really be a strain on your back! Your breasts will unlikely continue to shrink forever, and maybe you'll settle in on an A cup, but eventually your stomach will start to become proportional as well, and that "hourglass" figure will be back. Most importantly, remember all the health benefits you're going to get from weight loss, and maybe even more importantly, remember you are beautiful no matter what cup size or weight size you are, you're just trying to get healthy and fit!
  • Lizzy622
    Lizzy622 Posts: 3,705 Member
    Options
    unfortunately we can't tell which fat to shrink or when. By toning the core you may be able to make your waist look a little smaller and therefore boobs a bit bigger by comparison.
  • dubird
    dubird Posts: 1,849 Member
    Options
    Mine haven't shrunk, but that's because they've start to migrate under my arms. If I collect everything when putting a bra on, I do ok. XD
  • jokoh92
    jokoh92 Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    I also will tend to lose weight from my boobs first, and it's definitely a bummer, espeically since I personally get a lot of self confidence from my boobs! I'm not sure about exericises to help it but I bet doing pec exercises (such as modified pushups from the knee or agains the wall from standing,) would be helpful *over several months*. Otherwise I try focusing on the positive aspect of weight loss, my jeans fit a tad better and there's less chance of busting out of blouses! Also having larger D cup boobs can really be a strain on your back! Your breasts will unlikely continue to shrink forever, and maybe you'll settle in on an A cup, but eventually your stomach will start to become proportional as well, and that "hourglass" figure will be back. Most importantly, remember all the health benefits you're going to get from weight loss, and maybe even more importantly, remember you are beautiful no matter what cup size or weight size you are, you're just trying to get healthy and fit!

Yeah that's one of the things I loved the most about my body...was my boobs and its like now I have to find something else which is hard lol

But I am definitely not going to let my shrinkage in boob size stop me from becoming healthy because what's having big boobs if you have diabetes or heart disease to go along with it. Its not worth it.

I will just have to hope as time presses on and my weight decreases that my stomach will start to shrink more as well and my boobs just become more proportional like you said.
  • jokoh92
    Options
    Lizzy622 wrote: »
    unfortunately we can't tell which fat to shrink or when. By toning the core you may be able to make your waist look a little smaller and therefore boobs a bit bigger by comparison.

Yes I have been really trying to work on the core but all its done is make my sides go in a little but not enough to show a lot of difference or make my boobs look a bit bigger. Hopefully in due time it will...sigh
  • jokoh92
    Options
    dubird wrote: »
    Mine haven't shrunk, but that's because they've start to migrate under my arms. If I collect everything when putting a bra on, I do ok. XD

Yeah that seems to be the only way they don't look so pitiful is when I put a push up bra on but even with that its starting to look depressing...sigh
  • ShellyBell999
    ShellyBell999 Posts: 1,482 Member
    Options
    Sadly weight loss/gain can not be targeted.

Time for a nice pushup bra!
  • jemhh
    jemhh Posts: 14,261 Member
    Options
    Treat yourself to some pretty bras. You're worth it and they'll make you feel good :)

• HippySkoppy
    HippySkoppy Posts: 725 Member
    Options
    dubird wrote: »

Le sigh......I feel you on this. I too am in the category of 'almost' there's with the boobs.....I 2nd-5th, whatever the call for pretty underwear that is fitted by a professional. For years I was wearing the wrong sized bra and I had the sad's all the time.

Finally sucked up the courage and the dollars (not cheap) a got fitted, best move in my life and I'm a late starter to this @ 52 - the girls look good for a change ;) .... Do it for yourself you won't be sorry.
  • caitieemae
    caitieemae Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    I've found that mine have deflated slightly. I just have to remind myself that smaller boobs will look just fine with my nicely toned tummy!!
  • sophomorelove
    sophomorelove Posts: 193 Member
    Options
    once you lose belly fat, the boobies ( and butt) could appear larger in proportion so keep working! and yes, a good bra is so worth it!!
  • boricua3177
    boricua3177 Posts: 192 Member
    Options
    Yep, my boobs have definitely gone down. I used to be a D cup, now I am a C cup. It doesn't really bother me much, pregnancy & everything that goes with it made my boobs become shape-shifters. LMFAO!
  • dubird
    Options
    Yep, my boobs have definitely gone down. I used to be a D cup, now I am a C cup. It doesn't really bother me much, pregnancy & everything that goes with it made my boobs become shape-shifters. LMFAO!

*snork* Now I'm imagining a set of boobs randomly sprouting tentacles to put the bra on so they can adjust it how they want. XD
  • marsinah1
    marsinah1 Posts: 106 Member
    edited August 2015
    Options
    For outfits that show cleavage, there are also tutorials online for artfully applying makeup to give the illusion of ampler breasts. Beyond that, as others have mentioned, for those of us deflating it seems to be a matter of learning to love the new body and investing in some good brassieres. But thanks to Dubird, I'm now wishing for multitasking boob tentacles. Not only could they adjust the cups, but they could also hold change and my car keys.
  • dubird
    Options
    marsinah1 wrote: »
    For outfits that show cleavage, there are also tutorials online for artfully applying makeup to give the illusion of ampler breasts. Beyond that, as others have mentioned, for those of us deflating it seems to be a matter of learning to love the new body and investing in some good brassieres. But thanks to Dubird, I'm now wishing for multitasking boob tentacles. Not only could they adjust the cups, but they could also hold change and my car keys.

Oh man, now I want boob tentacles. It'd be the safest wallet ever. Of all time!
  • hekla90
    hekla90 Posts: 595 Member
    Options
    I went from a C to a small B, and if they lose much more they'll be an A. At some point I will probably consider implants but until then, a good push up bra seems to work.