Work out shoes?

Options
babyj0
babyj0 Posts: 531 Member
Okay, so I need new work out shoes...
I don't want to spend too much because right now times are tough. Lol So I have a budget.
What do you guys recommend that won't hurt my wallet?

Replies

• GetSoda
    GetSoda Posts: 1,267 Member
    Options
    At the gym?
    At home?
    running?
    Cycling?
    ice skating?
    wine stomping?
  • babyj0
    Options
    At the gym/Running
  • ilovedeadlifts
    ilovedeadlifts Posts: 2,923 Member
    Options
    At the gym/Running

then get running shoes :p

everyone will have a brand preference, find some that you like and that fit your feet well
  • MG_Fit
    MG_Fit Posts: 1,143 Member
    Options
    I use Brooks Pure Connect for both.
  • a1wonder
    a1wonder Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    Running outside or inside?

I love my Nike Free
  • Joocey
    Joocey Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    Running shoes.

If there is a running store near you, I would stop in to try on a couple of different models. Bonus if they have a treadmill + gait tester there so you can find out if you need special orthotics... even though you're on a budget, you don't want to get shoes that end up injuring or hurting your joints later down the road.

Then go home and look for discounts online since you'll be replacing them pretty regularly if you run a lot. Put notices and alerts with discount sites like slickdeals or fatwallet [I have no idea what the MFP policy is on posting other sites]. Checking slickdeals now shows a couple of deals for women's running shoes < $50.

If you keep an eye out you can save quite a bit. I usually try to pick up Asics Kayanos from a season or two back. Once they're "out of season" the price drops dramatically, and I can usually get a $120 running shoe for $60 or less.
  • ChelseaM8726
    ChelseaM8726 Posts: 117
    Options
    I'm in LOVE with Nike Dual Fusions. I'm on my second pair and they are SO comfortable, especially for running!!
  • babyj0
    Options
    Thanks! I have a flat foot too, so my feet hurt very often! :/