1200 cal a day from now till xmas and really want to lose bellyfat. Is this you??????

Options
13»

Replies

• DeeDiddyGee
    DeeDiddyGee Posts: 601 Member
    Options
    aledba wrote: »

EXCELLENT article! Thank you!
  • RGv2
    RGv2 Posts: 5,789 Member
    Options
    Doc gave me the guidelines. Down 55lbs. All good.

OK, keep telling yourself that.
  • flattumme
    flattumme Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    flattumme wrote: »
    Hi I am looking for fellow 1200 cal a day mfp pal friends to weigh in as a group each wedensday and give measurement progress each three weeks. Also those who would like to weekly discuss ups and downs and exchange tips and support on losing stubborn bellyfat and midriff fat. Preferably women in 40s who start to realise this problem. The most I am looking for in this group is ten women. Please don't join if unless you are sure you are going to commit to this group from now till xmas.
    1200 a day calorie group. Ten focused supportive and determined women in 40's only starting today.
    Above is the title of the group. Request to join and I will join you
  • flattumme
    Options
    [quot1200 a day calorie group. Ten focused supportive and determined women in 40's only starting today. e="msallycat108;33731213"]I want to join. That's me, and I'm in my mid40s
    [/quote]
    1200 a day calorie group. Ten focused supportive and determined women in 40's only starting today.
    Above is the title of the group. request to join and I will join you

• flattumme
    Options
    I have lost 3 pound this week and I have eaten very healthily and was never hungry also having some treats. Nothing wrong with that
  • nicnocz82
    nicnocz82 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    When i lose weight my tummy is the last to know about it! Also i need 1400cals a day. Any lower makes me cranky.
  • snickerscharlie
    snickerscharlie Posts: 8,578 Member
    Options
    So are you running *two* groups? Because first you say "Ten focused supportive women in 40's only starting today," and those multiple posts/bumps were all dated August 21st.

Here it is August 26th and yet again:
    Ten focused supportive and determined women in 40's only starting today.

I'm confused.

Also, as has been pointed out, you don't get to pick where the body fat is lost from. Weight loss just doesn't work like that.

• _Terrapin_
    _Terrapin_ Posts: 4,301 Member
    Options
    Hornsby wrote: »
    I'll join the 1200 for breakfast group if there is one...
    I am constantly below 1200 for breakfast. Where does the group exist?
  • Zendrick
    Zendrick Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    Im down , I am a woman but only 35.
  • _Terrapin_
    _Terrapin_ Posts: 4,301 Member
    Options
    So are you running *two* groups? Because first you say "Ten focused supportive women in 40's only starting today," and those multiple posts/bumps were all dated August 21st.

I'm confused.

Also, as has been pointed out, you don't get to pick where the body fat is lost from. Weight loss just doesn't work like that.

I decided I didn't want fat in certain areas and so far I've been successful. My big toe is trim and fit. I cannot notice ANY fat down there.. . . . . .
  • snickerscharlie
    snickerscharlie Posts: 8,578 Member
    edited August 2015
    Options
    _Terrapin_ wrote: »

I'm confused.

I decided I didn't want fat in certain areas and so far I've been successful. My big toe is trim and fit. I cannot notice ANY fat down there.. . . . . .
    How did you accomplish this remarkable feet?

B)

• Bshmerlie
    Bshmerlie Posts: 1,026 Member
    Options
    I am 45 and eat between 1200-1300 during the week. Weekends I'm not so good but I'm still losing 2 pounds per week. I'll join. Except for sodas I haven't cut out any foods. My diary is public.
  • Brin1956
    Brin1956 Posts: 168 Member
    Options
    That is how I failed so many times is on 1200 calories. I do better at 1400 to 1500 a day. All the new information on the min. calorie intake for a woman suggests not going below 1400 a day . Just like weighing yourself everyday and going nuts is not a good thing to do. Log, measure, weigh once a week and enjoy a lifestyle that will be easy to maintain.
  • Marilyn0924
    Marilyn0924 Posts: 797 Member
    edited August 2015
    Options
    Why oh WHY do so many women default to 1200 calories? Unless you're lying in a coma all day, you can almost certainly eat more than that and lose weight, and without being miserable and hungry all the time. I had 35 lbs to lose and lost it all eating more than 1200 calories per day. The lowest my calorie intake got was 1650. The highest was 1850, and I was still steadily losing weight from week to week. And I've got a desk job, so it's not like my activity level is through the roof.

There's no reason to lose 2 lbs/week. This is a marathon, not a race. In my experience that includes 5-6 years of yo-yo dieting, the faster you lose it, the faster you gain it back. The reason for this is that rapid weight loss is achieved by radical and/or very low calorie diets. These are simply not sustainable, or enjoyable, so most of us go a little crazy after the weight is gone and end up overeating until it all comes back because we've been depriving ourselves for so long. Making sustainable changes to your diet is key - not cutting out foods entirely, which you'd have to do with only 1200 calories to spare.

Of course, it's your decision if you want to continue eating such a measly amount of food, but I hope you realize that a lot of us have managed to lose on higher calorie goals, and we're not special snowflakes. If we did it, you can do it.

There are those of us that are older and menopausal AND short as hell that can't eat those calories and achieve weight loss. My TDEE is supposedly 1700 according to my fitbit, and no, I'm not lying in a coma. I'm set at .5 lb per week loss and the sweet-spot for loss is around 1200-1300 max daily. I don't starve, I'm not hangry and you can't just generalize that everyone will require the same nutrients in order to achieve a loss.
  • Bshmerlie
    Bshmerlie Posts: 1,026 Member
    Options
    I'm sorry I've got to call you out on this. Have you looked at your diary lately? Tell me how this is any different?
  • jillyian
    jillyian Posts: 423 Member
    Options
    aledba wrote: »

thats a great article

• flattumme
    Options
    I am not looking for your petty arguments here. I am just forming a group of likeminded people and if your not like minded then find another group. don't be wasting your precious time commenting as I am just not interested and will not be giving you any of my precious time. Best of luck but kindly bog off and mind your own weight loss
  • laralosingit42
    laralosingit42 Posts: 84 Member
    edited September 2015
    Options
    I would love to be added as 1200 per day is my goal too, and I am 43 years old