FitBit

Options
I just started Jenny Craig a couple days ago and I was wondering if any of you recommend FitBits? What are the pros, and what specific style do you have?

Replies

• editorgrrl
    editorgrrl Posts: 7,060 Member
    Options
    Fitbit activity trackers calculate your TDEE (total daily energy expenditure), the calories necessary to maintain your current weight. When you connect your accounts and enable negative calorie adjustments, MFP adjusts your calorie goal every day to TDEE minus deficit.

But you still have to log everything you eat & drink accurately & honestly. Fitbit challenges are great motivation—and fun.

You can learn more in the Fitbit Users group: http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/group/1290-fitbit-users
  • SueInAz
    SueInAz Posts: 6,592 Member
    Options
    I have a Fitbit One that I've used every day since Christmas 2012. I've seen a few articles measuring the accuracy of many different activity trackers and it's one of the most accurate, especially if you wear it clipped on your upper torso. It will show floors walked, steps, active minutes, etc. There's also a wristband that comes with it you can use to track your movement during sleep.

As @editorgrrl stated, it will adjust your MFP calories to meet your TDEE minus your goal deficit (based on how fast you told MFP you wanted to lose weight). This helps to ensure that exercise calories you're entering aren't overinflated which could hurt your weight loss.