Chemicals in your food!

Options
Mycophilia
Mycophilia Posts: 1,225 Member
This popped up in my Youtube feed and I found it really interesting. Sharing it because science is awesome!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3qdnnhgu4FE

Replies

• ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,584 Member
    Options
    So is this a bash against chemicals in food? Because the reality is that all food and drink are chemically bonded.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

9285851.png
  • NJGamerChick
    NJGamerChick Posts: 467 Member
    Options
    I like chemicals, since food itself and everything around us is chemicals. If it weren't, everything would be a void, no air even, just a vast vacuum.
  • Kexessa
    Kexessa Posts: 346 Member
    Options
    Chemicals in food don't bother me as much as the 'extra' stuff there is. I understand it's unavoidable but I can't think about it because it creeps me out.

Like frozen broccoli, the FDA allows up to 60 aphids/thrips/mites per 100g or chocolate they allow up to 60 insect fragments per 100g and only up to 10% of fruit that is canned can be moldy before canning.

Blech.
  • sheermomentum
    sheermomentum Posts: 827 Member
    Options
    I was expecting a food babe-esque diatriabe. But its actually a pretty interesting video about the chemistry of some popular food additives.
  • Mycophilia
    Mycophilia Posts: 1,225 Member
    Options
    I was expecting a food babe-esque diatriabe. But its actually a pretty interesting video about the chemistry of some popular food additives.

This was my intent. Use a click bait topic name to trick people into learning something.
  • Ironmaiden4life
    Ironmaiden4life Posts: 422 Member
    Options

Came in expecting the same thing, but I agree an informative video heavy of facts and light on scary judgement calls. Good post OP.