Disney vacation

does anyone have any good ( and healthy) ideas of things to pack to take to disney other than protein shakes. I've just lost 20 pounds and I don't want to gain it back while I'm at the park because they don't serve healthy food there.

Replies

• barbecuesauce
    barbecuesauce Posts: 1,771 Member
    They do serve healthy food in the park though. But tbh you're going to be walking so much that unless you go for some 1300 calorie turkey leg every time you eat you'll probably be fine.
  • queenliz99
    queenliz99 Posts: 15,317 Member
    To gain 20 pounds you would have to eat 70,000 calories over your maintenance. I bet you can't do that unless you were planning to enter a pie eating contest or two:) Just eat sensibly for your visit and I'll bet your weight will have changed very little when get home.
  • barbecuesauce
    barbecuesauce Posts: 1,771 Member
    queenliz99 wrote: »
    To gain 20 pounds you would have to eat 70,000 calories over your maintenance. I bet you can't do that unless you were planning to enter a pie eating contest or two:) Just eat sensibly for your visit and I'll bet your weight will have changed very little when get home.

After the water weight comes off, of course. I always gain then woosh after travel.
  • queenliz99
    queenliz99 Posts: 15,317 Member
    queenliz99 wrote: »

After the water weight comes off, of course. I always gain then woosh after travel.

Funny, I get the whoosh too!!
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    They have healthy options pretty much everywhere.
  • SueInAz
    SueInAz Posts: 6,592 Member
    edited August 2015
    Disney has lots of healthy options. There's fruit at stands located all over the parks, salads, etc. Disney has done a pretty good job of keeping up with their customer's food preferences, but that's not really surprising because it's Disney.

All of that said, I usually take some snacks with me into the parks because I don't want to pay $3 for an apple. They will let you take a few small things in with you but don't pack a meal for 4 because you may get asked to put it in a locker. :smile: My snacks are usually things that don't require refrigeration and won't get squished, crushed or melted in my backpack so non-chocolate granola and protein bars, small bags of nuts or trail mix, an apple, beef jerky, 100 calorie packs of crackers or cookies, etc.
  • TnTWalter
    TnTWalter Posts: 345 Member
    is this for walking around the parks? are you staying in hotel or condo? i agree lots of healthy choices. and they have their menus online everywhere. congrats on the weight loss. I love disney. been 4 x and going back next year. check out disboards.com if you haven't already.
  • JeffBrown3
    JeffBrown3 Posts: 161 Member
    Every time I've been, I eat well on site and have a huge loss when I get home. The insane amount of walking takes care of those calories.