Healthy Snacks

Options
Hi guys! I'm a college student and this semester I have a 2 hour break then a 2 hour class. I'm planning on going to the gym straight after that class and was wondering if I could get some recommendations for quick snacks I can just throw in my purse to keep me energized through those 5 hours. I already have fruit in mind as well as having a small container to possibly make oatmeal during my 2 hour break. I'd appreciate more suggestions! Thanks!

Replies

• lornacatherine91
    lornacatherine91 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    I snack on fruit, or make a smoothie in the morning to have later (provided you can keep it cool, I have a small lunch bag). If you like oats look up some recipes for overnight oats, you can add what ever you like, chia seeds are good to use for protein
  • lornacatherine91
    lornacatherine91 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    Carrot sticks and hummus!
  • cndkendrick
    cndkendrick Posts: 138 Member
    edited August 2015
    Options
    As far as snacks go... I've always paired protein and fiber. So basically fruit or veg with protein. I would choose plant protein, but whatever you want...
    roasted chickpeas
    yogurt
    boiled egg
    hummus
    edamame
    milk
    nuts and seeds (as well as nut butters)
    ..etc..
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,868 Member
    Options
    depends on your dietary needs..."healthy" is relative to your dietary needs.
  • LovingLife_Erin
    LovingLife_Erin Posts: 328 Member
    Options
    Nakd bars. They are simply cold pressed fruit and nuts and are crazy delicious. They can be pricy though, but I believe you can make your own if you are willing to spend the time.
  • leahcollett1
    leahcollett1 Posts: 807 Member
    Options
    quest bars are my saviour i just love love love them, high in protein too.