Just Dance 3 on the Wii - how to log it?

Options
I've seen this asked many times but I can't find any definative answer, I love Just Dance and when I play it I play it all out, the sweat is flying from me. I earned around 2500 sweat points in 30 minutes, at which point the wii says "Well done! You've just run 10 rounds of the Wembley Stadium" - now I doubt I could run around Wembley stadium, let alone ten times, so I don't think that's accurate.

I've seen people say 4.2 sweat points = 1 calorie but I don't know if that is truthful.

Anyone out there about my size and shape (5ft 3 182lb) playing this with a HRM?

Replies

• needstobefit15
    needstobefit15 Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    I don't have a clue either. I have one of the just dance Wii games. I just had a question do you need anything for the game. A friend of mine gave it to me and didn't say if I need anything for the game
  • pussingtonp
    pussingtonp Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    All you need is a Wii remote - it's a great game! You can take it as easy or as hard as you want, it's a lot of fun, I definitely feel like I get a work out from it for sure - I just wish I had a more accurate count of my energy expenditure rather than sweat points.
  • AsISmile
    AsISmile Posts: 1,004 Member
    Options
    I would log it as dance for # minutes.
  • TeaBea
    TeaBea Posts: 14,517 Member
    edited August 2015
    Options
    AsISmile wrote: »
    I would log it as dance for # minutes.

This^

OP - you said so yourself....you can take it easy or as hard as you want. There is a calorie burn difference between those 2 things.

Calorie burns are estimates. A heart rate monitor is designed for steady state cardio so it might be an okay estimate for wii dancing.

If the formula is 2,500 / 4.2....that's 595 calories. Sounds very high to me. This is why people generally eat back 50-75% of exercise calories. Many guesstimates are inflated.
  • pussingtonp
    pussingtonp Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    Thanks TeaBea I thought 595 was awfuly high as well for a 30 minute period. I think putting it as dance that matches the type of dance I mostly did is probably the best bet!
  • tracyp900
    tracyp900 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    I log my wii fit as wii fit wear a hrm and watch which tells me how many calories I've burned but I am clueless to all this x
  • juggernaut1974
    juggernaut1974 Posts: 6,212 Member
    Options
    Honestly - I wouldn't log it.

I've worked up a sweat too occasionally playing it - but I rather doubt it's burning a super-significant number of calories such that I need to account for it in my daily 'exercise'.

HRM won't give you a terribly accurate reading either, as (at least when I play it), it's not steady-state cardio. A song lasts for 3-4 minutes, then it takes 2-3 minutes to see your 'score', get laughed at for your lack of dance moves, get back to the menu screen, argue over what song you're going to do next, etc.