I bought a new scale!

Options
I had my old weight watchers scale but it was so hard to read, I hadn't dragged it out from the back of the cupboard. As of today, I have lost 50 lbs in 7 months with careful measuring (among other things). From reading all the posts regarding the importance of weighing, I realized that the next 50 will be more difficult if I don't crack down on my portion "estimations" of things not easily measurable like nuts, cheese, avocado, etc. so today I bought a new, easily readable scale. Thanks also for the posts about weighing each item as you assemble a meal rather that each ingredient. Seriously, in all my 35 years old dieting, I had never thought of that!

Replies

• amyepdx
    amyepdx Posts: 750 Member
    Options
    PS tomorrow morning, I'm looking forward to seeing if my 2 Tbs of Grape Nuts weighs what it's supposed to!
  • cndkendrick
    cndkendrick Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    !!
  • MyChocolateDiet
    MyChocolateDiet Posts: 22,281 Member
    edited August 2015
    Options
    amyepdx wrote: »
    PS tomorrow morning, I'm looking forward to seeing if my 2 Tbs of Grape Nuts weighs what it's supposed to!
    Mmmm. Deez nuts.

I like em hot.

• MyChocolateDiet
    MyChocolateDiet Posts: 22,281 Member
    Options
    Mmmmmm

4186390632_4f1fc6ab37_b.jpg
  • Blueseraphchaos
    Blueseraphchaos Posts: 843 Member
    Options
    Mmmm. Deez nuts.

I like em hot.

the Deez Nuts presidential candidate is only 15. can't be president anyway. what a waste.
  • Blueseraphchaos
    Options
    also, as a side note, i have about 25 left to lose after about 50 pounds lost....it really does matter in terms of accuracy. you have very little margin for error. i don't even expect to be down to my goal to my goal weight by the end of the year, but i can hope, lol!
  • amyepdx
    amyepdx Posts: 750 Member
    Options
    My first goal is BMI under 30 (overweight but not obese anymore) which is 42 more to lose. I'm aiming for Jan 19 which will be 1 year of my new lifestyle. 8 lbs a month will take that kind of dedication. It's not make or break, but it would be cool.
  • Blueseraphchaos
    Options
    My first goal is BMI under 30 (overweight but not obese anymore) which is 42 more to lose. I'm aiming for Jan 19 which will be 1 year of my new lifestyle. 8 lbs a month will take that kind of dedication. It's not make or break, but it would be cool.

yeah, i'm down to about 4 a month, if i'm lucky....lol.

good luck!