Not sure if insult or compliment!

Options
I've had a couple of these lately. Yesterday I went out running and someone shouted "MILF!" out the car. However I've never had children, so I guess I carry most of my weight on the middle. I also showed my mum my progress pictures, and she went "Yes, you're definitely fatter in this one"! So a more roundabout way of saying I had lost weight I guess! Anyone else had anything similar?

Replies

• Focusedjessy
    Focusedjessy Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    I would take it as a compliment.
  • astrampe
    astrampe Posts: 2,169 Member
    Options
    Don't ake anything any stranger shouts from a moving car as personal - be it good or bad....If you start listening to what rude random shouters say, life will be hard...
    And as for what your mother said about your starting picture - I suppose it's true - you wanted her to see progress and she did....If you were fatter before than what you are now, why would that be an insult?
  • bwright9752
    bwright9752 Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    Don't ake anything any stranger shouts from a moving car as personal - be it good or bad....If you start listening to what rude random shouters say, life will be hard...

This 1000X. Dont worry about what anyone driving by in car thinks about you, good or bad.

On the subject of your mother, i'm sure that wasn't the response you were hoping for. Our families can be a little difficult when we better ourselves. I'm guessing your mother has never been too encouraging of your successes in the past. Now you just have to realize that is who she is and you can't continue do get fit to impress your mom, do it for yourself. If your mom finally comes around and supports and encourages you, great, if not, it's not for her, it's for you.
  • TheFitHooker
    TheFitHooker Posts: 3,358 Member
    Options
    Yup been called a MILF a few times, I take it as a compliment but with a grain of salt as well. Been told by my son that I'm beautiful now that I'm not fat. He's 9 so his way of saying things nice well he still has that mouth of babe feature going on, he says it how he sees it.
  • TheFitHooker
    TheFitHooker Posts: 3,358 Member
    Options
    double post
  • Chadomaniac
    Chadomaniac Posts: 1,785 Member
    Options
    +
  • Chadomaniac
    Chadomaniac Posts: 1,785 Member
    Options
    A MILF is a compliment . Break down what it stands for . The joys of milfs.
    43932452 Posts: 7,246 Member
    Options
    To a guy a Milf is a woman they
    would *$%& even though to them
    she appears to be old enough to
    be his or a buddy's mom. They
    didn't actually mean you 'are' a mom. :)

meant to include, yes in it's way it
    is a compliment. You look great. :)
  • vettecat
    vettecat Posts: 12
    Options
    Guess I was born under a rock. What does MILF stand for?
  • anna_louise90
    anna_louise90 Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    Mother I'd like to f*** :p Thing is I'm only 22 so still a bit hit and miss haha!
  • jamantha
    jamantha Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    DOn't take them as insults! But even if they were, compared to what an od boss of mine once said to me - you've got away lightly! When I was 30 (so a long time ago :tongue: ) I had a week when two people were shocked to hear my age - they'd thought I was more like 25. My boss heard this and told that of course fat people never look as old as they are!
  • wldrose75
    wldrose75 Posts: 128
    Options
    The other day my mother commented to me over lunch that she could tell I'd lost weight in my boobs. I said, "oh, really?" She said, "yeah, they're more normal looking now." :huh: WTF, they didn't look like boobs before?
  • iarelarry
    iarelarry Posts: 201 Member
    Options
    Compliment!

stanley2.gif