Must I do all my lifting at once?

Options
Duck_Puddle
Duck_Puddle Posts: 3,224 Member
I work at home, and workout at home (or on the roads) and often do my workouts in between meetings or while I'm waiting for jobs to run. When it comes to running, I know that two separate three mile runs is not exactly the same as one six mile run. But what about lifting? I'm doing stronglifts 5x5, which consists of 5 sets of 5 reps of 3 different lifts. Assuming I am adequately warmed up, is doing the three lifts at three separate times in the day detrimental? Or is it equivalent to doing all 3 within the same session?

Replies

• erinsueburns
    erinsueburns Posts: 865 Member
    Options
    Not exactly equivalent, but certainly it is better than nothing.
  • MG_Fit
    MG_Fit Posts: 1,143 Member
    Options
    I believe the regiment is programmed to be 5x5 of the lifts in 1 day, with a rest day in between.
  • Duck_Puddle
    Options
    I don't have to split them up, I'm just curious what benefits are gained from doing them all in the same session vs. separate? I am new to this lifting thing, so I'm looking to soak up knowledge.
  • Duck_Puddle
    Options
    I believe the regiment is programmed to be 5x5 of the lifts in 1 day, with a rest day in between.

Yes. The kind of splitting up I'm talking about is doing squats at 8AM, OHP at 10:30AM, then strolling back downstairs and doing deadlifts at noon. All in the same day-just not all in the same session.
  • Duck_Puddle
    Options
    Shamelessly bumping because I'm genuinely curious about why, and because there are lots of people way smarter than me around these parts.