First Zumba class - success!

Options
ckasap
ckasap Posts: 60 Member
Yay, I survived! And absolutely LOVED it! Man, 75 minutes is a long time to go full-throttle for a toning workout. I was ready to fall over by the end.

Thanks for everyone suggestions and encouragements to my first post. I will definitely be going back to Zumba!

Replies

• taycheese
    taycheese Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    i have always wanted to try zumba but i cant find any classes near me...where do they hold the classes where you live..like not the location, but is it in an old school gym, or at a fitness center, or a dance studio???
  • ckasap
    ckasap Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    It is a fitness center/day spa that only has classes no gym equipment. They do yoga, Zumba, boot camp, etc. But every gym around here (I live in the suburbs of south Jersey right outside of Philly) offers Zumba.
  • dancer1178
    dancer1178 Posts: 50
    Options
    Yay!! I am so happy you enjoyed yourself! That is definitely the most important part! And don't worry about wanting to fall over by the end...sooner or later you'll be asking your instructor to give you more! lol :):)
  • ParrosFan
    ParrosFan Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    Glad to hear you enjoyed yourself, I love Zumba, I take 2-3 classes per week depending on my schedule.
  • Keiras_Mom
    Keiras_Mom Posts: 844 Member
    Options
    I love Zumba. Mine's offered at my local gym, and I go at least once a week, sometimes 3 or 4 times.
  • dancer1178
    dancer1178 Posts: 50
    Options
    i have always wanted to try zumba but i cant find any classes near me...where do they hold the classes where you live..like not the location, but is it in an old school gym, or at a fitness center, or a dance studio???

You can go to www.zumba.com and you are able to look up classes and instructors near you :)
  • rachface1234
    rachface1234 Posts: 227 Member
    Options
    Yay! Zumba saved me in grad school, I had the old school videos and started adding 2 then 3 then 5lb weights to some of the routines, kept me from gaining the grad school "15", helped keep me energetic! Now that I live in more populated area I generally either take one class a week or do one video a week at home, what a fun way to burn so many calories right!? I've seen some youtubes with zumba routines too :) Shake it lady!