I would like to go to Outback and have the onion mum? Can I?

Options
13»

Replies

• SingRunTing
    SingRunTing Posts: 2,604 Member
    Options
    JoRocka wrote: »

I guess its about mentality. Just because they can eat the whole thing doesn't mean they should.

of course it is- but there is a large chunk of the population here that if they automatically could self regulate in such a manner- probably wouldn't be here or behaving this conversation

#yesIrealizethisisn'tEVERYONE
    #yesIrealizenoteveryoneisheretolose

all that being said- I've not really had an issue self regulating- and I've never really been over weight- my highest semi fit "meaty" weight was still lower than my peak bulk weight (175 and 182 respectively).... and quiet frankly- I never ate less than 1/4 of one of those blooming onions- those things are effing delicious.

I get that. My sticking point is that I place the blame of the non-regulation of intake on the consumer, not on the restaurant or the food itself. The restaurant is saying that 1 onion = 6 servings. It's not their fault if you eat more than that.

well- I would say to that "obviously" LOL

(hashtagIknowI'mafatasswhenIeatatoutback)

I know you would. I'm clarifying for the sake of "others"...
  • Azexas
    Azexas Posts: 4,334 Member
    edited August 2015
    Options
    Francl27 wrote: »

I guess its about mentality. Just because they can eat the whole thing doesn't mean they should.

of course it is- but there is a large chunk of the population here that if they automatically could self regulate in such a manner- probably wouldn't be here or behaving this conversation

all that being said- I've not really had an issue self regulating- and I've never really been over weight- my highest semi fit "meaty" weight was still lower than my peak bulk weight (175 and 182 respectively).... and quiet frankly- I never ate less than 1/4 of one of those blooming onions- those things are effing delicious.

I get that. My sticking point is that I place the blame of the non-regulation of intake on the consumer, not on the restaurant or the food itself. The restaurant is saying that 1 onion = 6 servings. It's not their fault if you eat more than that.

Except they will still serve it to 2 people. And it's only if you read their nutrition information that you'll know that it's supposed to be for 6 people.

Again, just a ridiculous serving size to pretend it's not that bad. Does Outback even tell people that their appetizers are for sharing anyway? Most restaurants don't...

Last I checked they aren't obligated to.

It boils down to personal responsibility. I wouldn't blame the restaurant if I ate entire blooming onion. I wouldn't expect the staff to tell me that appetizers are meant to be shared.
  • acheben
    acheben Posts: 476 Member
    Options
    Francl27 wrote: »

Except they will still serve it to 2 people. And it's only if you read their nutrition information that you'll know that it's supposed to be for 6 people.

Again, just a ridiculous serving size to pretend it's not that bad. Does Outback even tell people that their appetizers are for sharing anyway? Most restaurants don't...
    Outback shouldn't be telling me what I can and can not order based on the number of people in my party. It is the responsibility of the consumer to give a crap about what they are consuming.