NSV and a good way to remind yourself of your new size

Options
kellellie
kellellie Posts: 109 Member
I'm just a wee bit taller than my husband, and i've always assumed I weighed more too. When we met, I think I was around 220 and he was probably 180. I'm 5'10", and i'm used to that feeling of always seeming like i'm just BIGGER than everyone else, not even fat-wise but there's just more of me, my legs are freakishly long, etc. I can remember making my high school boyfriend walk on top of the curb so he'd be taller than me lol, things like that.

My husband and I don't necessarily hide our weights from each other, but I think it's a politeness thing on his part, and the first time he actually weighed himself when I got our newer scale he seemed sad, so I didn't press him.
Yesterday I was happy because i'm only 10lbs away from getting back into my healthy bmi range. He know's what my range is, so I just jokingly said "aw damn now you know how much I weigh" and he said "Yep. Less than me."

ESSKCUZMEWHAT?

I couldn't wrap my head around it. I've always been the bigger one. With him, in life, in general. And not only do I weigh less than him, I weigh 21 freaking pounds less than him. I'm sitting at 185 and he's 206. I couldn't believe it (still cant!). So for giggles, I went and tried on his boxers. Yup, they fit just fine. WHAT THE HECK?! SO then I tried on his jeans. Those fit too, though poorly with my female shaped hips. Mind hole blown. So I slept in his boxers last night to remind myself that it wasn't a trick.

Replies

• wateryphoenix
    wateryphoenix Posts: 644 Member
    Options
    Nice! I'm totally looking forward to that day :) I understand the feeling.
  • ncscott11
    ncscott11 Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    I can completely relate to the part of weighing less than your SO. My bf is incredibly thin (despite eating like crap) and has weighed less than me our entire relationship. The day I could fit his softball pants and had to wear a pair because mine were all too big was one of my favorite days of this journey! Congrats to you!
  • lesaw01
    lesaw01 Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    I finally weigh less than my husband. I am about 4 inches shorter than him and haven't weighed less than him for about 30 years.
  • MsJulesRenee
    MsJulesRenee Posts: 1,180 Member
    edited August 2015
    Options
    Aw cute! I just tried on my boyfriend's old gym shorts last night for the first time in a couple years and they fit perfectly, couldn't even get them over my thighs before. I looked at him, looked at myself in the mirror and couldn't believe my hips are almost the same size as his. I don't think they even comfortably fit him anymore. Just shows how much weight loss kinda goofs with your head. :D I look forward to stealing all his clothes again lol
  • shrinkingletters
    shrinkingletters Posts: 1,008 Member
    edited August 2015
    Options
    I guess I have to achieve the NSV of having an SO in the first place.

*twiddles thumbs*
  • JeanMBK
    JeanMBK Posts: 728 Member
    Options
    That's wonderful!
  • kellellie
    Options

*twiddles thumbs*
    Nah just go steal someones clothes, same thing
  • mcpostelle
    mcpostelle Posts: 418 Member
    Options
    kellellie wrote: »

*twiddles thumbs*
    Nah just go steal someones clothes, same thing

:lol: Agreed!!! :naughty:
  • Fatsotubs
    Fatsotubs Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    Well done you! I weigh more than my husband (have for a long time) and I can't wait to weigh less than him again :-)
  • s_y8s
    s_y8s Posts: 1,849 Member
    Options
    Yep I've always weighed more than my hubby. We're the same height though. Can't wait to weigh less than him!
  • LULU4178
    LULU4178 Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    Tried on a "medium" shirt today and it was too big! Had to get the "small." There was a time when I spent a lot of money at Lane Bryant because I couldn't find clothes at "regular" stores.
  • kellellie
    Options
    LULU4178 wrote: »
    Tried on a "medium" shirt today and it was too big! Had to get the "small." There was a time when I spent a lot of money at Lane Bryant because I couldn't find clothes at "regular" stores.

THAT has been another huge nsv for me. I could only buy stupid expensive bras at lane bryant. Technically VS had my size but they didn't have the support and would usually fall apart after a while. Usually my chest is the last place I lose, but this time around i've lost 5 inches off my boobs in under 3 months. I recently gave away all my lane bryant/torrid/whatever clothes to a friend, and rock my size 14 goodwill jeans as often as possible.
  • kellellie
    Options
    ncscott11 wrote: »
    I can completely relate to the part of weighing less than your SO. My bf is incredibly thin (despite eating like crap) and has weighed less than me our entire relationship. The day I could fit his softball pants and had to wear a pair because mine were all too big was one of my favorite days of this journey! Congrats to you!

I know the feeling girl, looking back over my life I always ended up dating skinny boys that could eat whatever they wanted. I could technically wear their hoodies if I wanted to, but I've got those damn child-bearing hips, and it just looked weird on me. No room for boobs and hips in boy clothes.
  • Meganthedogmom
    Meganthedogmom Posts: 1,639 Member
    Options
    That's awesome! I now weigh less than my SO as well. About 10 pounds less!

You know it's funny, I think back to every relationship and the guy at some point always offers a shirt or some shorts for you to wear. I would never even ATTEMPT to try anything on, I'd just abruptly tell them no because I knew I wouldn't fit in anything.
    But now I can fit into any of his stuff! And his shirts are big on me! Makes me feel like a girl.
  • fidangul
    fidangul Posts: 673 Member
    Options
    I thought that I was the only mad woman that had a goal of wanting to weigh less than her husband. I've never told him my weight not even my clothing size. And I don't intend to not untill I'm at a comfortable place and weigh less than him. (He knows not to buy me clothing). He's just naturally thin, not skinny though. I just wanna be at a healthy weight and have a figure I'm comfortable with or at least can shop for clothing and enjoy it.
  • kellellie
    Options
    That's awesome! I now weigh less than my SO as well. About 10 pounds less!

You know it's funny, I think back to every relationship and the guy at some point always offers a shirt or some shorts for you to wear. I would never even ATTEMPT to try anything on, I'd just abruptly tell them no because I knew I wouldn't fit in anything.
    But now I can fit into any of his stuff! And his shirts are big on me! Makes me feel like a girl.

That's awesome! I'd attempt it, but only if they weren't around to see me get stuck :)
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!