Extra boost to get started- safely

bfit172
bfit172 Posts: 32 Member
hi, so I am watching my calories and eating around 1200 based on what MFP recommended and I'm just starting out. Is there something I can do to get an extra boost right now in the beginning of my dieting to get the ball rolling. I'm drinking green tea (caffeinated) in the morning and hope that will do something. I am also exercising mostly by walking/ marching/ hopping/ other silly things while on the job with the children I care for - we call it fitness hour lol and the kids love it.

I'm not looking for things like pills or sketchy stuff like that. More natural boosts i guess. Nothing that will give me jitters. I can handle the caffeine in tea tho.

Thanks!

Replies

• snickerscharlie
    snickerscharlie Posts: 8,578 Member
    edited August 2015
    There are no shortcuts, no "extra boosts." No magic teas, shakes, supplements, drinks, detoxes etc.

The only thing that works is:

Eat less, move more.

Anyone trying to tell you different is trying to sell you something. ;)

• auddii
    auddii Posts: 15,357 Member
    Patience is the biggest boost you can get.
  • bfit172
    Thank you all, question answered. That's what I expected but figured I'd ask
  • snickerscharlie
    snickerscharlie Posts: 8,578 Member
    Good for you for asking! Better you find out right at the start than after you've spent a bunch of $$ and time and are starting a thread asking why you aren't losing weight. :)
  • bfit172
    :)
  • SueInAz
    SueInAz Posts: 6,592 Member
    There are no shortcuts, no "extra boosts." No magic teas, shakes, supplements, drinks, detoxes etc.

The only thing that works is:

Eat less, move more.

Anyone trying to tell you different is trying to sell you something. ;)

Such practical advice! And a poster who actually respects it. My day is certainly starting out right!!

Seriously, @bfit172, weight gain or loss is a slow process. The weight doesn't go on overnight and it won't come off that quickly, either. Find a sustainable way to drop pounds so that you stick with it, learn how to eat to maintain your goal weight and minimize muscle loss during the process. You'll be much happier in the long run.