Any tips to lose weight and tone up!!

Options
tracyp900
tracyp900 Posts: 16 Member
edited August 2015 in Health and Weight Loss
Hi I'm Tracy I'm 5ft1 and my bmi is around 22 I always weighed 7stone 7lbs but started dialysis a year ago in April and also stopped smoking I got my transplant in May I am now 54kg and my tummy and thighs need toned I'm trying to do at least 30 mins to an hour workouts a day but I'm unfit due to illness over the past 5 years and I'm struggling and I don't know which exercises I should be doing can anyone give me some advice Please

Replies

• ultrahoon
    ultrahoon Posts: 467 Member
    edited August 2015
    Options
    For fat burn, it comes off where it wants to come off, just doing cardio will burn calories. You need to be eating in a calorie deficit to lose body mass of course.

Other than that, lift heavy things while cutting weight, to preserve more muscle mass.
  • tracyp900
    Options
    Thanks ultrahoon I've set my calorie intake for 1200 calories but if I eat less than that it says based on your calorie intake u are not likely eating enough do I need to eat the 1200 each day?
  • SueInAz
    SueInAz Posts: 6,592 Member
    Options
    Your BMI is fine and it sounds like you want to lower your body fat percentage (in your word "tone") rather than lose much more weight. The best way to accomplish this is to start weight lifting and lift heavy. There are some great programs out there for this. Read up on New Rules of Lifting for Women or StrongLifts 5x5 for starters. If you eat at a slight calorie deficit (.5 pound per week loss or less) and lift, you'll maintain the muscle you already have while shedding fat.
  • jessathemessa
    jessathemessa Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    tracyp900 wrote: »
    Thanks ultrahoon I've set my calorie intake for 1200 calories but if I eat less than that it says based on your calorie intake u are not likely eating enough do I need to eat the 1200 each day?

1200 calories a day is the minimum for women. However, while doing that much exercise, you may want to eat more than that. Hopefully someone else can clear that up for you.
  • tracyp900
    Options
    Thanks jessatthemessa really appreciate all these helpful comments and tips
  • RGv2
    RGv2 Posts: 5,789 Member
    edited August 2015
    Options
    At your ht/wt/age, 1200 NET probably isn't too low. Is that setting 2lbs per week?

As someone earlier stated you're at a healthy BMI, so you're probably more looking for a recomp than losing weight.

Eat at a moderate deficit, some cardio for cardiovascular health, and look into a set progressive lifting program to help maintain muscle mass while losing mainly fat with your deficit.

By maintain as much muscle as possible while in your deficit, you'll lose mainly fat covering the muscle helping to improve muscle definition.
  • tracyp900
    Options

RGv2 wrote: »
    At your ht/wt/age, 1200 NET probably isn't too low. Is that setting 2lbs per week?

As someone earlier stated you're at a healthy BMI, so you're probably more looking for a recomp than losing weight.

Eat at a moderate deficit, some cardio for cardiovascular health, and look into a set progressive lifting program to help maintain muscle mass while losing mainly fat with your deficit.

By maintain as much muscle as possible while in your deficit, you'll lose mainly fat covering the muscle helping to improve muscle definition.
    Thanks RGv2 I had set it for 1000 calories but increased to 1200