Lost Weight: Unexpected Wins You've Noticed...

Options
_onebeauty
_onebeauty Posts: 100 Member
edited August 2015 in Motivation and Support
I've lost a little over 30 lbs, and I have noticed all the common things w/ weightloss.. But I am curious what are the unexpected wins you've noticed?

For example, my period has ALWAYS been super heavy & lasts 5 days.. I have noticed it has gone down to 4 days, & is lighter!

This is VERYYYYY unexpected for me! It also motivates me to not re-gain this weight I've lost!!! lol!

Share yours pls (:

Replies

• Lizzy622
    Lizzy622 Posts: 3,705 Member
    edited August 2015
    Options
    I have noticed a definite increase in energy. I was carrying bags of sand the other day and realized that a good part of it was just not having to haul around the extra weight. I can just go farther and do much more than before.
  • Bonny132
    Bonny132 Posts: 3,617 Member
    Options
    Doing chores is becoming a lot easier, so is walking up and down stairs.
  • GothyFaery
    GothyFaery Posts: 762 Member
    Options
    I can walk in heels now! I always thought I was just too uncoordinated to do it but for some reason, I walk just fine in heels after losing the weight!
  • Bonny132
    Bonny132 Posts: 3,617 Member
    Options
    The joy of shopping in normal shops without hunting down the plus sized unflattering clothing. I was looking forward to it, but the feeling when you first pick up that first outfit.... priceless....
  • advisingwench
    advisingwench Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    I feel so much more alive now than I did 75+ lbs ago. Most days I feel pretty damn near invincible. I think a lot of it had to do with undiagnosed celiac disease causing/contributing to depression, but I am a completely different person now than I used to be.
  • _onebeauty
    Options
    I agree w/ many of the things you have all noticed... Its crazy to think about... lol

we were so USED to walking around w/ all of our extra weight :open_mouth:
  • Lizzy622
    Lizzy622 Posts: 3,705 Member
    Options
    I have more clothes to wear. I had a bag of clothes on the side of my closet that didn't fit but do now again after the weight loss.
  • adoreable101
    adoreable101 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I wake up happy in the morning to eat a light breakfast to give me energy to start my day. I'm ready take over the world. Have a good day my Fitness Pals
  • pootle1972
    pootle1972 Posts: 579 Member
    Options
    GothyFaery wrote: »
    I can walk in heels now! I always thought I was just too uncoordinated to do it but for some reason, I walk just fine in heels after losing the weight!

Me too......
  • Wytcher9
    Wytcher9 Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    Feel more energy from positive influence of losing weight. I am actually tackling clutter around house. Also, confidence levels have soared as I make a real dent in total weight loss goal. 28 lbs gone - BOOYAH!
  • boricua3177
    boricua3177 Posts: 192 Member
    Options
    One thing I have noticed is that my depression has completely lifted. I was in a very dark place & since I started getting active & taking control of my life: I feel GREAT!
  • _onebeauty
    Options
    Lizzy622 wrote: »
    I have more clothes to wear. I had a bag of clothes on the side of my closet that didn't fit but do now again after the weight loss.

agreed!!!! THIS was amazinggg, I'm at the point where I have a bag of clothes that are too big; NEVER thought this wld be the case! gave some to my friends (:
  • arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,573 Member
    Options
    I fit in the spaces/seats on the subway seats that are too little for others to squeeze into. Score.
  • barbecuesauce
    barbecuesauce Posts: 1,771 Member
    Options
    I can't lay on my side without a pillow between my knobby knees because of all the missing thigh fat. I'm cold all the time. Sitting for long periods is uncomfortable now. I'm a lot more active.
  • HippySkoppy
    HippySkoppy Posts: 725 Member
    Options
    More energy and less daily pain.

Bad thing - finding that emerging bones hurt after sitting for a time, the knobbly knees scenario in bed etc.