Paleo or Keto?talk to me

Options
Looking for some help,i am down about 20 lbs since i started my journey about 6 months ago however and looking to make some changes

Stats:225
BF:26 %
5"10

Activity-intense cardion 50 minutes a day 6X week
Weights -heavy 5 X week

I want to drop another 25 lbs but want to dry either the Paleo or Keto diet.

Give me your thoughts

Replies

• Tubbytucka
    Tubbytucka Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    I haven't tried paleo, but I am having success with keto. The main thing is to cut down on eating processed starchy food and anything with sugar in it. I have done that and lost about 40 lb without any great effort. Good luck whatever way you go.

cue the keto-haters...
  • LolBroScience
    LolBroScience Posts: 4,537 Member
    Options
    If you've made progress thus far with what you're doing why do you want to bother changing? It isn't going to provide any more of a benefit in terms of results than eating a balanced diet at a mild deficit..
  • AJ_G
    AJ_G Posts: 4,158 Member
    Options
    You can try keto if you want, but the transition from a regular diet to keto is gonna be rough, you'll feel super drained and out of energy while your body switches from carbs to fat as the main fuel source. My advice is you just stick with a normal diet, eat a minimum of 0.82g/lb of body weight of protein a day, and a minimum of 0.4g/lb of body weight of fat a day, and fill the rest of your calories with carbs, or a combination of the 3, and don't go over your calorie goal. Best recipe for muscle building/muscle preservation, whether you're cutting, bulking, or recomping.
  • Witchdoctor58
    Witchdoctor58 Posts: 226 Member
    Options
    Paleo is more of a lifestyle change, whereas Keto is more of a short term thing. I lose weight more easily on keto, but I crave things, and my system gets clogged.

Why not try both, and compare how you feel? You could even alternate months, to reduce the impact of nutrient limitations.
  • seefyboy
    seefyboy Posts: 68
    Options
    Why change what you've done in the last 6 months without reason, you've been doing great!

I came off my Keto diet two weeks ago after being on it for over a month and let me tell you this. Although it was awesome eating bacon, cheese, fried eggs, burgers etc I quite literally had no energy at all in the gym! I felt drained, no energy, I felt like ****

I was even carb loading 1-2 times a week but I still had very little energy.